• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

My Theory Journey

Dan Shipway

Slim Shady
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Hey guys, just thought I would start a thread with some updates about my music theory progress.

After all my backups and original projects being wiped I had to record a ton of new riffs and writing them as well as coming up with leads was ridiculously difficult. I never really looked at theory before since it just went in one ear and I thought it was time since writing became really tough and I wanted to take a more systematic approach to music and have some sort of formula or set of knowledge that would make it easier.

So far I have learned:

All the notes a=on the E, A and D strings (both octaves)

2 minor scale shapes

2 major scale shapes

So far it's been pretty straight forward and I'm definitely able to recall everything with a lot more ease. The next step for me is to learn the next shape for both the minor and major scales and to learn the position of the notes on the G and B strings