• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Need advise on buying a new guitar

Ezequiel Romanko

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Argentina
Hello guys how have you been? i've been missing from a long time, im almost out of time right now.

I wanted to ask you guys about the guitar i want to buy : it's a Schecter Omen 6, i barely know something about it, and i wanted to know if it's worth buying or if should buy another guitar, i want a Schecter guitar btw. please keep in mind that where i live super high end guitars are almost unaffordable if you aren't a profesional musician, so i have a limited budget. for example a C-1 Hellraiser it's too expensive for me :c

thank you for your time ! have a great day :)

Awex Came

Campfire Attention Holder
Legend
May 23, 2021
Hey Ezequiel, how long have you been playing guitar, what kind of guitar(s) do you have now? If you’re newer to guitar and have an entry level guitar, this will probably be a good step up for you. If you’ve been playing for quite a while and are used to mid range guitars, it might not be what you’re looking for.

I see you’re in Argentina. I’m not sure what the used instrument market is like there, but I assume it’s not huge and there’s probably not as many Schecters there like there is in the US. Here, you can usually get a used Hellraiser C-1 for the price of a new Omen 6. I have limited experience with the Omen line, but the Hellraisers feel great, especially for the price.

Last edited:

Ezequiel Romanko

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Argentina
Hi bro! i own a epiphone les paul special II LE model, when i bought that guitar it was really cheap, but i cannot say exactly how much it cost me in US Dollars, and i've been playing for 10 years now, yeah the hellraiser its really expensive here and there aren't much opportunities to buy a used hellraiser, what i've seen is a C-1 Custom wich cost like 200 dollars more or something like that, what i was thinking if i buy a Omen is to change the bridge to a floyd rose since the standard omen doesn't have it

Reactions: Gabby Heafy

Awex Came

Legend
May 23, 2021
Hi bro! i own a epiphone les paul special II LE model, when i bought that guitar it was really cheap, but i cannot say exactly how much it cost me in US Dollars, and i've been playing for 10 years now, yeah the hellraiser its really expensive here and there aren't much opportunities to buy a used hellraiser, what i've seen is a C-1 Custom wich cost like 200 dollars more or something like that, what i was thinking if i buy a Omen is to change the bridge to a floyd rose since the standard omen doesn't have it
You can't just put a Floyd Rose on a guitar that doesn't have one, you would need to cut out a hole in the guitar to place it, install a cavity in the back for springs, add a locking nut etc. It would cost less to buy a guitar with a Floyd Rose

Where do you buy guitars from in Argentina? Do you have a large music retailer like Guitar Center or anything?

Like I said, my experience with Omens are limited, and I wasn't impressed with them. Might've been because I was used to more mid-range priced guitars. Also, I believe the Omens are made in Indonesia and stuff like the Hellraiser is made in South Korea. I was always very impressed with the South Korean made guitars. However, you may like the Omen more than your current Les Paul special.

Awex Came

Legend
May 23, 2021
Well the only one here is Import music, it's the only schecter importer here in Argentina perhaps i will look for a C-1 custom wich is a South Korean made guitar and it's better than the Omen
I just checked out Import Music and converted the prices to USD, and those prices are crazy. Much higher than here, but I guess that's due to the import price and all that. I think you're best bet is ordering a guitar from a different country on Reverb. Here is a link that'll show you all the Schecter guitars on Reverb that will ship to Argentina. Just make sure the currency is set to Argentina Pesos and not USD since they use the same symbol

Reactions: Rad Synner
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ezequiel Romanko

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Argentina
Yes I also thought about that, But the problem with imports here in Argentina is that anything that exceeds the limit of 100 dollars gets detained by customs and you must pay various taxes that raise the price near to he one you saw on import music.
It's very hard to buy anything in dollars here is just ridiculous. Also i went to the store today but they don't have any date of arrival for the Hellraiser guitars in for the next 6 months so it's probably that they will not import those guitars in a very long time due to Corona restrictions here and the thing i mentioned you about imports, so i will have to deal with an Omen for now :(

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I had an Omen-7 for a while. I didn't care for it, but that's more because it helped me realize I don't want to really play 7-strings. Stock pickups were decent. Fit and finish was excellent. The finish was a really thick gel-coat almost, which meant it would really take a beating. I was impressed with it, I just didn't stick with 7s, so I sold it.

Reactions: Ezequiel Romanko

Ezequiel Romanko

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Argentina
    Thank you Ed, yeah i will have to deal with it for now. i will buy a 6 string guitar, since i don't like 7 strings either.

Also i was wanting to buy a Blackstar TVP amp a 50w head, since it's not too expensive here. because a real tube amp here is just the same price as building half of a house XD

Synner Endless Summer Collection