• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Need help to make adjustments

Mihai Doană

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Hello there, Once again I find myself helpless in adjusting my schecter synyster custom. I had broken a string and it took about one week to get new ones, so the old adjustments are messed up right now. After I tuned my guitar up, I realised it makes a horrible fret buzz around the 5th and 6th fret of the A string. I tried adjusting the truss rod clockwise, as well as counter clockwise, and I think it helped to loosening it, but it still makes some buzz and I’m scared honestly. The strings have also gone up(I prefer having a really low action on my guitar). Therefore, I am begging for help, I want to fix my guitar as soon as possible without breaking anything on it

Firsty Lasty

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
5th or 6th fret isn’t where I would expect the fret buzz if it was a truss rod problem. Usually the truss rod only needs adjusted for seasonal changes. Just to make sure I understand the situation correctly- are the new strings the same as the old strings? If the fret buzz is only on one string I personally would be worried that I had somehow put some kind of kink or bend in the string when putting it on, which is a rare mistake but one I’ll admit I have made before.

Synner Endless Summer Collection