• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

New and Old – G D & A – Lesson 14

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
@Ids Schiere Had an awesome idea: What do you think of transcribe all instruments? Like not just the guitar parts, but also bass's, vocals and drums? I could write on sheet music, what you think?
You can do it if you want it but with the Beatles that's a lot of work because they usually use a lot of instruments like piano, mellotron, flutes and orchestras and stuff like that( I mean a day in the life has like 150 violins and 3 pianos in it 😅)

Reactions: Rute Rodrigues
Synner Endless Summer Collection

XxDarthVaperxX

Campfire Attention Holder
Sep 3, 2020
A trick that worked for me when trying to dampen the low E & A string with your thumb when playing the D Chord, is just letting your thumb relax. When I tensed up I actually fretted a note on the E string, I recommend loosely letting it hover over the strings. Take this with a grain of salt though, hope it helps!

Nicholas Paro

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Sedona, AZ
On the D major chord, I find it easier to fret the third string with my second finger instead of first. and the first string with my first finger. Is this going to mess something up in the future, or is it just recommendation. I don't want to build the muscle memory and hit a snag in the future because I do it this way.