• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

NEW CONTEST !!!! (Deadline January 20th)

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    The extra riff category is cool for quickly checking out all participations, but people are generally confused either way about what to do, so it probably doesn't matter :ROFLMAO: . Love this contest, already have an idea in mind but it will take a couple more days to really flesh it out.
    You're definitely right Chris! lol. Lets try it this way and see if it cuts down on some of the confusion.
    I can't wait to see what you come up with though ! Super excited you're going to participate !

• Love
    Reactions: chris_is_cool

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    I imagine with a contest advertised off the school you'll get some students who misunderstand the instructions. I blame the language barriers thebinternet can create for that. Translators don't always work. The section works if they are easy to find but I imagine if you just type in your title the contest name you could simply go to the search tool and type the name in.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    Hi! I am a bit confused. If we don't have an Instagram account, are we allowed to participate still? Is that why you were saying we can share as a riff?
    I'm pretty sure you can! The riff has to be submitted here, so you totally can do it without an instagram account! But let's wait for an admin confirmation😁

Last edited:

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Hi! I am a bit confused. If we don't have an Instagram account, are we allowed to participate still? Is that why you were saying we can share as a riff?
    You don't need an instagram. You do however need to upload it in the riff section to be eligible. I think someone else asked this question before and Alicia said no insta is required to be eligible to win.

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Sick :))) thank you so much, I did try looking for similar questions but for some reason I'm still getting used to how the threads and such work
    Ids is correct ! It’s advertised and ran by the Instagram team, but you just need to be a member of the school.

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Hey y’all !
    Ive been getting a few questions, so I’ve spoken with the Instagram team and just wanted to clarify a few points which seem to have been asked the most.

You DO need to create something new, it cannot be something you’ve previously written or been working on.

OR

You can demonstrate the technique that you have learned !

Also, don’t forget to mention IN THE VIDEO what you love about the school and what your guitar/musical aspirations are !

SGSIGTeam

Free Bird Player
    Jan 10, 2021
    Hey y’all !
    Ive been getting a few questions, so I’ve spoken with the Instagram team and just wanted to clarify a few points which seem to have been asked the most.

You DO need to create something new, it cannot be something you’ve previously written or been working on.

OR

Also, don’t forget to mention IN THE VIDEO what you love about the school and what your guitar/musical aspirations are !
    Exactly what she said! The contest is less than 2 weeks away. Let's get it students!

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Hey y’all !

OR

Ooh, I'll redo mine. I didn't do the guitar/musical aspirations etc. In the video.