• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

NEW CONTEST !!!! (Deadline January 20th)

SGSIGTeam

Free Bird Player
Jan 10, 2021
Ooh, I'll redo mine. I didn't do the guitar/musical aspirations etc. In the video.
Yes! It's CRUCIAL to do that because we're going to share the winning video to the IG page. And the big key of this contest is for this to go to someone who really wants something with music. That's the point of Syn's video! So we're really excited to see!

CallumP

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 24, 2019
    Nottingham
    www.youtube.com
    Hey y’all !
    Ive been getting a few questions, so I’ve spoken with the Instagram team and just wanted to clarify a few points which seem to have been asked the most.

You DO need to create something new, it cannot be something you’ve previously written or been working on.

OR

You can demonstrate the technique that you have learned !

Also, don’t forget to mention IN THE VIDEO what you love about the school and what your guitar/musical aspirations are !
    Ahh I've already uploaded mine I knew I forgot something, would I have to re-submit the whole thing with the aspirations at the end for it to count?
    Edit: Just saw the SGSIGTeam reply to Ids, guess so haha will get on that tommorow once my uni deadlines are submitted!

RoaringRowanThunderBender

• Nov 11, 2019
    Warrenton, NC
    rowm76.wixsite.com
    I wasn't going to participate in this one due to the situation I've recently gone through, but here's my submission! I really just wanted to participate. It's super simple and not much at all, but for me this was something I couldn't do before. You could go, "Give me the notes in the G Major Scale and G Major Pentatonic scale", and I'd look at you like you'd grown seven heads AND were talking a different scientific language.

Do I personally think this deserves to win? Honestly? No, I've seen submissions I love a lot more and are much more amazing. But is it good enough for me? Yes, honestly it was a challenge and I'm proud of the progress I've made with my theory and understanding of music.

TRIGGER WARNING: I do cry in this...because I'm talking about how amazing you all are and concerning my Grandpa's passing on the 24 when talking about what I love about the school.

Zoso210

Free Bird Player
    Nov 18, 2020
    France
    HEY YALL !!

The amazing team on the SGS Instagram are doing an AMAZING new contest ! If you haven't already, go and follow the Official Synyster Gates School Instagram page!

For this contest, up for grabs is:

- Ernie Ball guitar maintenance kit
    - Ernie Ball Paradigm Strings
    -The UnOriginal Syn Hoodie
    -Synner Official Skull Tee from the newest release
    -1 hour video lesson with Masterclass Instructor Bill Hudson
    -Personal video of encouragement from the man himself, Synyster Gates !

To be Eligible for this outstanding prize package, all you need to do is:

Find a lesson here on the school and utilize the main teaching from the lesson and post your performance to the riff section of the school.
    Include a brief explanation of what lesson you're utilizing and how you are utilizing it.
    (BONUS POINTS FOR ADDING HEART AND SOUL INTO THE PERFORMANCE)

Also, please include in your video why you love the school and tell us a bit about your dreams and aspirations for guitar and music in general !

DEADLINE - JANUARY 20TH
    Hi everyone ,
    If it's possible to participate even for foreign people (France) ?...And, I don't understand... we have to use a backing track in particular or not ?

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Just a friendly reminder, if ALL requirements are not met, the entry will be ineligible for the contest. I’ve seen a lot of great entries, but there are some that have not followed the guidelines 100% and I would hate for any of y’all to be disqualified.

The requirement that seems to be the most missed is that you guys MUST include IN THE VIDEO, a brief explanation of what lesson you’re using and how you’re using it, what you love about the school, and what your guitar/musical aspirations are. Again, this all needs to be included IN THE VIDEO, as the IG team will be sharing the winner’s video there and it’s imperative this information is in the video.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Just a friendly reminder, if ALL requirements are not met, the entry will be ineligible for the contest. I’ve seen a lot of great entries, but there are some that have not followed the guidelines 100% and I would hate for any of y’all to be disqualified.

The requirement that seems to be the most missed is that you guys MUST include IN THE VIDEO, a brief explanation of what lesson you’re using and how you’re using it, what you love about the school, and what your guitar/musical aspirations are. Again, this all needs to be included IN THE VIDEO, as the IG team will be sharing the winner’s video there and it’s imperative this information is in the video.
    I need to redo mine again 🤣🤣

I didn't include the lesson I used in the video, let me grab my DeLorean and I'll add it in tomorrow😅

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy

Can we include all of those thing in the order we want? For example, can I do my performance and then talk about the lesson, the school and aspirarions? Or do I need to put the lesson part before the performance? Just to be even more precise on our submission and don't miss the chance 🖤

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    I need to redo mine again 🤣🤣

I didn't include the lesson I used in the video, let me grab my DeLorean and I'll add it in tomorrow😅
    Can we include all of those thing in the order we want? For example, can I do my performance and then talk about the lesson, the school and aspirarions? Or do I need to put the lesson part before the performance? Just to be even more precise on our submission and don't miss the chance 🖤
    it doesn't matter which order they are in as long as you have them in the video :)

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    Let me just tell you how cool and how much of a success this contest is! We see so many new faces in the media section and not just mindless shredders but genuine guitar players giving insight in their journey with the instrument. Love it!
    So true!! Almost done with mine..I have to record the "spoken" part 🥰

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    Ok so, I entered some days ago but forgot to post here, so here's my submission:

It's beginner level, of course, but I worked hard on this and I'm really proud I managed to do something of my own following the lesson 🖤 good luck everybody, I' ve seen a lot of beginners submission and I'm really happy and proud of them!

beatrix

• Sep 19, 2020
    Italy

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen

Attachments

• jaq3s.jpg
      jaq3s.jpg