• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

New player

DavidM

New Student
Mar 16, 2021
Hey folks,

I'm from The Netherlands and I've been playing since 2007. I'm the type of intermediate player that knows just a little more than the pentatonic but wants to shred like a beast (take Syn e.g.) and the Synyster Gates School is really helping me now. I was wondering if there is any special or super useful stuff I should check out rn on this website?

Thanks!

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Hey folks,

I'm from The Netherlands and I've been playing since 2007. I'm the type of intermediate player that knows just a little more than the pentatonic but wants to shred like a beast (take Syn e.g.) and the Synyster Gates School is really helping me now. I was wondering if there is any special or super useful stuff I should check out rn on this website?

Thanks!
Welcome!

The modes and especially CAGED are Definetely very useful!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
Staff member
Legend+
Fucking Legend
Nov 11, 2019
Welcome! Go through the lessons. Skip the ones you know - but make sure you REALLY know them. It never hurts to go over something you know "pretty well". Even something as simple as the pentatonic scale. You start with a three-note arpeggio, then add two notes to make a pentatonic scale. Add two more notes and you have the related major (or minor) seven-note scale. When you do that in all five positions (CAGED), you will have connected all major & minor arpeggios, pents & scales across the entire fretboard. Start adding in notes from "more interesting" scales, like melodic & harmonic minor - and you'll be a crazy shredder.
There's also lots of lessons here on picking techniques; hybrid, economy, sweeping, etc.
Pick and choose what interests you.
Have fun and don't be afraid to ask questions - simple or complicated. There are plenty of people here (including me) who can answer them.
Cheers!
pg