• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Drag to reposition cover

New School Launches!

J

Jak Angelescu

What's up $ynners?! We all appreciate how patient you have been while the team has worked diligently to bring you this new and improved school. Of course, there are DOZENS of new features to improve your learning experience. Feel free to snoop around, poke around and explore. If you have any questions please drop a comment below! I'll be doing a tutorial on the new website very soon!
Also, please stay tuned for the badass blues series by Papa Gates!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Creuzer

Administrator
Staff member
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Check out the dark mode! Its at the bottom.

1573515022064.png

1573515042702.png

Synner Endless Summer Collection
    J

Jak Angelescu

The biggest coolest thing is that you actually do have what is like a Facebook profile now. You can also follow each other and get alerts for whenever somebody posts a new forum topic, post on their profile page, comment or post a new riff. You can also subscribe and favorite and save riffs that you like that you find helpful And archive them for future references. There's also a really incredible new feature where you can rate videos, and earn trophies and earn points to become a Master Shredder. I will be creating new forum categories and subcategories over the next couple of days for you guys. So if there's anything of a category that you want to see especially, let me know!

Mike Creuzer

Administrator
    Staff member
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Ok sorry, I think I found out about the followers part it's kinda like facebook. Will our old followers, come back because I think its reset. The site looks very cool. I like the new look. I'm interested in this point system also.
    I work with the team that helped and I do not believe we're able to save the followers. Visit any profile and there should be a follow link there to start. You can also limit who sees your profile and such based on your preference of whether you follow them or not. Kinda like friends on FB but much simpler.

ETA @Jak Angelescu ninja'd me...

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    London
    www.youtube.com
    I work with the team that helped and I do not believe we're able to save the followers. Visit any profile and there should be a follow link there to start. You can also limit who sees your profile and such based on your preference of whether you follow them or not. Kinda like friends on FB but much simpler.

ETA @Jak Angelescu ninja'd me...
    Ok thanks, I only asked because I had Synyster Gates following me on here before. Is he still on this site? I can't find his account.

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    I just saw your insta post about it being live and hopped on !
    I did have an issue logging in initially but it finally let me.
    It’s definitely more aesthetically please. I do feel a bit lost trying to find everything 😂 but I’m getting there !!!! Haha.
    Kudos to everyone who had a part on the revamp. It looks awesome !

Adin Shepherd

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Melbourne, Australia
    New site looks awesome, look forward to finding all the cool new features. Great work.

Edit: For forum/sub forum categories I would look at having something like this as a starting point;

General Discussion

Lessons
    -Beginner
    -Intermediate
    -Advanced
    -Etudes

Theory and Technique
    - (not sure how I would break this one up?)

Gear
    -Guitar
    -Amps and Effects
    -Recording and Software

Last edited: