• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

New Student Playlist! :D

John Robinson

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Nashville tn.
Hi everyone!
Several months ago, there was one student who created a Spotify playlist for the students to add their original music to.
I can no longer find the playlist, :( I don't know if it was deleted or if the student is still active here.

I created a brand new collaborative playlist, feel free to add your original music!

Well i cant listen to it..its not available in my country..that stinks

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Hi everyone!
Several months ago, there was one student who created a Spotify playlist for the students to add their original music to.
I can no longer find the playlist, :( I don't know if it was deleted or if the student is still active here.

I created a brand new collaborative playlist, feel free to add your original music!

This is genius.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
There's a site I found where you pay like 30 dollars a year for unlimited uploads to spotify. Remember too that you get money for listens so it wouldn't be a bad idea if you can spend the 100 here I can't see why that'd be a bad decision to make.

Reactions: AGA

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    I'm starting to suspect that's gonna be the case for most :(
    Maybe a different platform might be more inclusive, maybe SoundCloud or YouTube.
    Yeah unfortunately to publish anything on spotify, you have to go through a distributor. And even then, distributors wont accept just anything. Plus it can be costly depending on which distributor. Both youtube and soundcloud are valid options. But all an all, this is a great idea Aileé!

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Yeah unfortunately to publish anything on spotify, you have to go through a distributor. And even then, distributors wont accept just anything. Plus it can be costly depending on which distributor. Both youtube and soundcloud are valid options. But all an all, this is a great idea Aileé!
    Whoa I didn’t know this ! Perhaps something like a SoundCloud would be a better option then ?

Reactions: AGA

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Whoa I didn’t know this ! Perhaps something like a SoundCloud would be a better option then ?
    Soundcloud would be a great option if its possible as its free access and there isn't anything stopping you from publishing anything except when you reach the limit allowed per accounts.

Youtube is a weird one on the other hand. You have the main youtube where you can upload anything and that works to do playlists. However, think of this as a video format.

Then there is youtube music, which acts as a streaming platform. I am not 100% sure of this but I think you also need to go through a distributor to publish anything in there as it serves as an alternative of spotify so it more or less follows the same principles!

Synner Endless Summer Collection
    Thanks Radu!
    Sounds good, we can make a SoundCloud playlist to include everyone, and I'll keep the Spotify one on the back burner until there are enough student releases for it.