• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

New Synyster Customs

Joe Giumarello

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
New Jersey
www.tiktok.com
Hey guys I was look at soon (hopefully) buying a synyster custom s but was unsure if it’s wort to buy the newer model with the ultra thin c neck and schecter pickups, or saving some money and buying the older model with the Duncan’s and thin c neck. Just wondering if anyone has been able to compare the 2. Thanks

Christopher Lonski

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I cant speak for the necks, but those schecter pickups are top notch. I’ve got a set of them and they are some of the best metal pickups Ive ever played. I have to imagine the neck is easier to play, but I also prefer thicker necks personaly becuase I feel like they vibrate a bit better and may be more toneful but I could also be full of shit.

Gabriel Corso

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I do own a synyster custom black and white.
Man, those Seymour Duncan’s can blow your mind – they sound massive.
I did not played or experienced the new models, but I think it must be good. Syn seems a very meticulous man and knows what he wants when it comes to sound.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Jeff Pogan

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Dude def get the newer ones. The Schecter Syn pickups are better than the invaders. I’ve A/B them in the studio and found the Syn pickups way more articulate.
My personal fave is the Satin burst. The Neck is super fast, somewhere between what the old ones were and, say, an ibanez wizard neck (just not quite as paper thin lol)
So my recommendation is go for a newer model. They have been improved from the older ones for sure.
Cheers,
Jeff

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Christopher Lonski

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
And Nicola, those are entirely different pickups. They are NOT Duncan Invaders. Ive played invaders and now I own the new pickups and the Schecter pickups have MUCH more definition. They probably used the Invaders as a jumping off point, but they are 100% NOT the same pickup. If you want to hear them, here is a sound clip I did a while back. Listen to the tightness on those open D power chords, invaders are a bit looser than that- https://syngates.com/riffs/scream-cover/