• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

New video from Chris

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
Staff member
Legend+
Fucking Legend
Nov 11, 2019
Hey gang,
Our very own Chris Greig and the Merchants just dropped a new video. As most of you know - I love pop and a great hook. This tune has it all.
I love the little 8th note anticipations in the chorus. Simple changes (D to Bm) - but by anticipating the downbeat on each chord it dresses it up and gives it some excitement. The breakdown at the end with the high guitar is brilliant. I hear a bit of a U2 vibe there (which is a huge compliment).
The chords in this song are simple - but the arrangement is not. The song builds perfectly from verse to chorus.
The groove is incredible. Bass and drums working like gears.
The vocal and melody are spot on. His voice is interesting and makes me want to listen to more of their stuff.
When A7X was on the Warped Tour back in the mid-2000s, I used to go from stage to stage and listen to some of the bands; My Chem, All American Rejects, Fallout Boy, Story of the Year, etc.
This song reminds of of that era. Just great pop music.
I hope this catches on because I would love to hear more of these guys.

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    Hey gang,
    Our very own Chris Greig and the Merchants just dropped a new video. As most of you know - I love pop and a great hook. This tune has it all.
    I love the little 8th note anticipations in the chorus. Simple changes (D to Bm) - but by anticipating the downbeat on each chord it dresses it up and gives it some excitement. The breakdown at the end with the high guitar is brilliant. I hear a bit of a U2 vibe there (which is a huge compliment).
    The chords in this song are simple - but the arrangement is not. The song builds perfectly from verse to chorus.
    The vocal and melody are spot on. His voice is interesting and makes me want to listen to more of their stuff.
    When A7X was on the Warped Tour back in the mid-2000s, I used to go from stage to stage and listen to some of the bands; My Chem, All American Rejects, Fallout Boy, Story of the Year, etc.

I'm genuinely at a loss for words @Brian Haner Sr. , thank you so much for those kind words! As a main songwriter/arranger for my band, reviews like this give me confidence. I Can't thank you and everyone enough for always supporting us 🤟 This thread has made my night!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Hey gang,

This is catchy AF, @Chris Johnston - love it. Shared it to my wall on the book of feces, I mean faces.

• Love
    Reactions: Chris Johnston
    Synner Endless Summer Collection