• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

new

karrnage2

Free Bird Player
Dec 29, 2020
phoenix arizona
hello I am new here I absolutely fell in love with guitar after listening to avenged sevenfold syn gates has inspired me so much to play guitar I picked it up about 5 years ago but only learned power chords and how to read tabs but I then put it down but have recently picked it back up after finding the love again and this time it has stuck as i am starting to really listen to songs to learn them by ear i am super grateful for this site and look forward to posting songs once I become more advanced

Jamie London

GYNNER
Staff member
  • Nov 11, 2019
    California
    synner.com
    Welcome to the family! Happy to have you here with us 😄
    Alicia is spot on with what she said, don’t worry about becoming a shredding beast before posting haha that’ll happen in time. Posting your current progress is a way to get there faster because fellow students can give such incredibly valuable feedback through your progress posts that will help you improve in areas you may not excel in yet!

I literally learned to basic do’s and don’ts of finger picking from posting an attempted cover of a Nick Drake song called ‘Road’. I love his music and his play style but it wasn’t something I’d ever attempted as finger picking and that sort of acoustic folk stuff had never really been something I’d wanted to play (probably for fear of being frustrated tbh). I decided to attempt the song and it was ok, but thanks to some excellent feedback from so many of these glorious humans, I quickly learned what I was doing wrong and how to correct it, and I’m thankful I got feedback on those issues when I did, otherwise I may have continued playing stuff like that with with very sloppy and “off” techniques.

Moral of the story, were all here to help each other be the the best that we can be, and that’s a beautiful thing 😄

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    Hey!!! Welcome! Alicia and Jamie already said it all, and I confirm. From a beginner to a beginner, I encourage you to post your attempts and progress with us so that the other members of the community can help you, give you feedback and support you. This community is awesome and everybody is always willing to help!!
    Again, welcome to the family!! 🤘

Synner Endless Summer Collection
    G

Gemma G.S.

Hello and welcome!!! It's already been said several times, but it's worth saying again: ABSOLUTELY post even as a beginner! I consider myself one, too - like you, I learned a few things a few years back and then I just kinda didn't play for a while. I picked it back up, got involved here, and I've learned more in the last few months than I personally ever did trying to teach myself without guidance! This community absolutely rules. 😎 Don't be afraid of showing even the tiniest bit of progress! 🤘🏻