• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

NOBODY

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    What are y’all’s opinions on the new song ?? YouTube is full of dislikes.

I think it take a minute to grab you, as it's quite unexpected. There was a lot of immediate speculation that there were samples and keyboards and drum machines all over it, but none of that is true, as was clarified in the latest TRAX episode - Every sound started life organically. Aside from the very real orchestra, everything on the track is Brooks playing drums, Johnny playing bass, Zack and Syn playing guitar, and Matt and Syn singing.

It grew on me very quickly. The riff is very Pantera, to me. A slow, simple, heavy groove. Can't wait to see what the rest of the album has in store - they're promising something like nothing else. I hope they deliver!

Upvote 0

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Okay so I was looking up tuning for all rock bands so I can find the ones I listen to and write down what songs have what, and I found that NOBODY is AADGBE
    Correct. Syn explained on the Nobody Trax episode that he took one of his regular guitars and dropped the bottom string to A, also stating that using the regular string gauge (not a thicker one for drop a) was important to add “flop” to the part.

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    London
    www.youtube.com
    I like the song, I like that it sounds more complex and niche. I think it has me more intrigued than the stage as an album. The stage as in the song was more catchy in terms of maybe more guitar elements that were more melodic... But I prefer Nobody's vocal chorus as it is more catchy to me than The Stage's chorus. I do feel like I would have liked the vocals to be louder and more present in the mix that is my only real main issue, I think I have heard other users mention this. The song is hard to sing too, matt does a good job I do feel that the vocal engineering may have given the wrong impression about Matt. Because I am going to be doing a vocal cover of this song... I am sometimes baffled about how he sings it. Very gritty and high. Lyrically is very good amazing in fact.

Reactions: Ed Seith
    Upvote 0