• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Official A7X song tabs

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    As funny as it sounds, he probably doesn't have the rights for that. There are published guitar tab books for all of the Avenged Sevenfold records, which means the rights were sold or licensed to those publishers, probably exclusively.

There are solo video (SoundSlice) lessons in the works for integration into the site. The lessons will be provided by one of our in-house celebrity guitarists, with direct oversight from Syn to ensure they're being played and taught properly.

Upvote 0

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    As funny as it sounds, he probably doesn't have the rights for that. There are published guitar tab books for all of the Avenged Sevenfold records, which means the rights were sold or licensed to those publishers, probably exclusively.

There are solo video (SoundSlice) lessons in the works for integration into the site. The lessons will be provided by one of our in-house celebrity guitarists, with direct oversight from Syn to ensure they're being played and taught properly.
    Let me just add that, after buying a few of them, they are clearly written with probably no input from the band. There are some really awful tabs in those so called official book.... But yeah, its tricky from a legal POV

Reactions: Nocturne
    Upvote 0

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Let me just add that, after buying a few of them, they are clearly written with probably no input from the band. There are some really awful tabs in those so called official book.... But yeah, its tricky from a legal POV
    A lot of the notes seem pretty correct to me. It's usually mostly the fingering that's absolutely terrible

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I got WTF, COE and The Stage song books by Hal Leonard
    Only strange thing I saw so far was one chord, was like a 3rd fret plus 12 fret stuff played same time
    It's been awhile, I'll probably open one today and practice something
    I saw people make a living off of tabbing music, I saw they go note for note at super slow speeds
    Tried to learn Exist intro from the book and it's tabbed from synthesizer stuff

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

John Robinson

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Nashville tn.
    A lot of the notes seem pretty correct to me. It's usually mostly the fingering that's absolutely terrible
    Thats because the songs that jimmy wrote he did from piano and syn had to play them on guitar...syn explains it on a video i saw...so yes the fingerings are a bit of a pain sometimes

Reactions: beatrix
    Upvote 0