• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Ok this WILL take me to my next level!

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
Rockstar Student
Nov 11, 2019
Spain
Whaddup Folks CJ here!

Just wanted to stop by for a second to share my thoughts. Today I finished my last lesson with @Hector Trejo and thus that part of my Rockstar Student Reward is over. I gotta say both Bill and Hector showed me a lot! And exposed me to a lot of my gaps, and I could not be more thankful for that!

Because of all theese gaps my practice place has been colourfully decorated!:
photo_2020-10-04_00-33-51.jpg

What you see here is our beloved Circle of Fifths, the 12 notes scall, the fretboard my practice schedule and a little project that will take me to the next level.

The exercise I am proposing is pretty simply and I will demonstrate it to you once I have a certain level of mastery over it.

Because I've been chosen as the Rockstar Student (just like @Alicia Willis), I for a second I felt like I had to prove something (Call it impostor syndrome if you want), but I realized that I was chosen because I already proved something. But this does not mean that I am gonna remain calm and not evolve. Because of the title I believe that a certain respect for my playing has manifested within myself and because I am respecting myself and my effort, I want more!

I want to grow more, there is still so much I want to learn and my dedication to the craft guitar has only augmented. I need to remember to have fun with it and enjoy the process (except for Planets....fuck that solo XD its been a slow climb, can you tell I'm frustrated?!).

All I want to tell you my fellow Synners is that we are here on this wonderful Site to pursue our dreams. At least I believe that we all have something to say through our instrument and helping each other to get to that level of self expression will enrich all of us....

So my message to Beginners mainly is to expose your playing to us, show us your gaps and make a fool out of yourselves...because the only way to become a Master at something is to start as a Fool.

Let's All be FOOLS!!!

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
Rockstar Student
Nov 11, 2019
Spain
Me and my friends when we were younger called each other fools and dogs xD
Those are some cool notes, I got some images stashed, need to organize a lot.
I didn't see the C major scale? I'm on the CAGED minor lessons, but I should go back some more
You are not seeing the C major scale, cause that one Im constantly playing man XD. But it is always good to go back, take notes, rething and redo!

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
Rockstar Student
Nov 11, 2019
Spain
Sorry man. I cant be a fool, I play bass.

Though for real, good for you for embracing your title and pushing such a positive attitude! Keep on going! And just from glimpsing at your practice poster, you're gonna go far very fast!
Thank you man! Also panning on gettig a bass mysefl XD.

• Love
Reactions: Rad Synner
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    I love this so incredibly much and everything you said definitely resonated with me too man ! Although, I like to think I’ve always looked like a fool 😁
    Sometimes you just have to put yourself out there and get the help from this amazing community. Once I got over my shyness and stepped out of the shadows, I received so much invaluable advice that has helped me so much in just 11 short months !

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
    Rockstar Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    I love this so incredibly much and everything you said definitely resonated with me too man ! Although, I like to think I’ve always looked like a fool 😁
    Sometimes you just have to put yourself out there and get the help from this amazing community. Once I got over my shyness and stepped out of the shadows, I received so much invaluable advice that has helped me so much in just 11 short months !
    Yes indeed!!!!!

Synner Endless Summer Collection