• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

old school shredder

Adin Shepherd

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
But a generic message when posting like "Duu to a large number of spam attacks in the past, we need to make sure you are not one. Please allow a few days until this gets approved." will do wonders. Again, the thread you made for new students is a step in the right direction.

I imagine it should be possible to set up an automatic welcome message that is sent to new members with this info when they set up an account. They may be more likely to see and read that than the forum post.

Also @Jak Angelescu I don't think the issue is you taking a break, it's that there is nobody to step in when you do.

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    I imagine it should be possible to set up an automatic welcome message that is sent to new members with this info when they set up an account. They may be more likely to see and read that than the forum post.

Also @Jak Angelescu I don't think the issue is you taking a break, it's that there is nobody to step in when you do.
    I think that was a really great step taken by Jak. I actually propsed this before. But while a Pop Up Message for new students would be neat I don't think it's necessary. If Somebody comes to the school and starts relentlessly bitching for Help and approval, without any effort to Go the Forum and read about the SGS then that Guy deserves to be thrown out again.

• Love
    Reactions: Ed Seith

Adin Shepherd

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Melbourne, Australia
    I think that was a really great step taken by Jak. I actually propsed this before. But while a Pop Up Message for new students would be neat I don't think it's necessary. If Somebody comes to the school and starts relentlessly bitching for Help and approval, without any effort to Go the Forum and read about the SGS then that Guy deserves to be thrown out again.

It was a good initiative, I'm not saying otherwise, it's just that people are more likely to take notice and read a message in their inbox than search a forum for information that they don't even know that they need to know.

Last edited:
    J

Jak Angelescu

See though, we know that and we love you for it. But UX (User Experience) is a bitch as well. I learned that the hard way when I had my websites evaluated by a graphic designer who told me they suck because the user can't figure out s**t and generally skims the website rather than reading the details. The fact that you have created the post for new students though is a step in the right direction.

As Adin said, this needs to be explicitly stated. It doesn't have to contain exact numbers (i.e. we will get back to you in 2 days or bust). I get that there's a better way of conveying one's frustrations at this matter and I get why you're pissed. But a generic message when posting like "Duu to a large number of spam attacks in the past, we need to make sure you are not one. Please allow a few days until this gets approved." will do wonders. Again, the thread you made for new students is a step in the right direction.

I am a software developer and I know how much it takes to get shit done right. And spoiler alert, it's like Jak said, it takes months. I can understand it takes time, but most people don't know or don't care.
    You are 100% right. And there are steps being implemented right now to help combat this. 99% of the time the students have been totally cool. But When they aren't, it gets really ugly really fast.

Reactions: Andrew Milner