• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Overview Of EDCAG – The Minor Version of The CAGED System – Lesson 34

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I have the same issue; I can only place the pinky on the high E. Now I just came across that I can use the pinky nail side of the pink to bar it... it is very painful. I doubt I have seen anyone try this method... I will try this method for now and see if I can gain some tolerance. :ROFLMAO:
    Try the chord first starting with the pinky barred and then add the other fingers/notes of the chord. From the bottom up. That was working for me but it puts a lot of strain.

It's the G minor chord right?

Reactions: Alexander

Alexander

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 11, 2019
    AZ
    Try the chord first starting with the pinky barred and then add the other fingers/notes of the chord. From the bottom up. That was working for me but it puts a lot of strain.

It's the G minor chord right?
    Well, the G minor barre shape. My middle and ring finger already experience strain that my pinky hardly has any mobility or leverage to press down on three strings.

Reactions: William B.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    This system is not entirely about playing all the chords this way. Very few people could make an effective GMaj or Gm chord ring out with a barre.

Understand the shapes and how portions of them make smaller chords, diads and triads, and form the basis for a lot of sweep/arpeggio stuff. It can help you make sense of the theory of the fretboard. No one should try to do this:

You can hurt yourself that way.