• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Overview of the Electric Guitar – Lesson 1

Rubin Cohen

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Hey everyone I'm Ruby.
I remember waiting excited for this school to release and unfortunately I couldn't have participated and now finally I can start doing so.
I have guitars but never managed to properly learn. I own acoustic, classic, fender strat american special and even a schecter synyster custom-s.
Happy to be here! and thanks a lot for this school it's unbelievable.

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Hey everyone I'm Ruby.
    I remember waiting excited for this school to release and unfortunately I couldn't have participated and now finally I can start doing so.
    I have guitars but never managed to properly learn. I own acoustic, classic, fender strat american special and even a schecter synyster custom-s.
    Welcome Rubin, glad to have you on Board!

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    Hey everyone I'm Ruby.
    welcome 😊😊😊

J. Vader

Campfire Attention Holder
    Oct 29, 2021
    Ranson, WV
    I love these beginner lessons, even if I've played on and off for 22 years. There is always something that gets mentioned that I really didn't know. I had no idea the body material of the guitar had any effect on tone at all. I also didn't know that Syn uses the neck pickup for soloing. I'm going to listen more careful to the tracks from here out to see if I can tell.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

TriSarahTops19

One Stringer
    Dec 6, 2021
    Fun story: when I got my first and current electric guitar, I had no idea what the locking nuts were so I kept trying to tune it like I would on my bass or acoustic… in result I broke some strings lol I hadn’t really touched my electric since then because of that reason (and didn’t ever look it up) so thank y’all for this video! I can play again :,) I’m excited to start my electric journey

Ashkan

New Student
    Feb 17, 2022
    Hello, how can I listen to the video in Persian translation? I do not know English?
    please help?

نماد «مورد تأیید انجمن»

Cleo.Black

One Stringer
    Jul 5, 2022
    Hey. I'm just starting out today as a complete newbie. Never even really held a guitar until yesterday. I am determined to complete the school and am very grateful that it exists. Thank you so much @Syn Gates and @Brian Haner Sr. You have created something very special here. The videos are absolutely brilliant and I feel like I've learnt so much already. That childhood dream looks like it could come true.

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Can't get any of the videos to play... Not getting an error message or anything, they just won't play. Am I doing something wrong?
    As it has been mentionned in the forums multiple times, the lessons have been down for a couple months now. The team and Syn are aware and are working on it. No extra details atm.