• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Overview of The Pentatonic Scale – Lesson 20

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I was playing around with a bluesy scale a friend taught me years ago that could translate over most of the fretboard that was pretty close to this. It made learning it pretty easy. The one I learned went
    -------------------------------------------------------------5---8----
    ----------------------------------------------------5---8-------------
    --------------------------------------5---7---8-----------------------
    ----------------------------5---7-------------------------------------
    --------------5---6---7-----------------------------------------------
    ----5---8-------------------------------------------------------------

I loved playing all over that one to stretch my fingers out whenever it's been awhile since I've played.

That is the blues scale in A. It's basically pentatonic with the "blue note" added. In this case, the blue note is the D# at the 6th fret 5th string and 8th fret 3rd string.

Hey Little Man!

Free Bird Player
    May 19, 2021
    Good lesson, but I think it could be improved by adding in that the A minor pentatonic scale is A-C-D-E-G . And we got to this point (I'm assuming) by getting rid of the 2nd and 6th scale degree of A minor: A-B-C-D-E-F-G-A. aka we got rid of the B and F notes. I got a little lost during this lesson and it took me a while to figure out what was going on. Please someone notify me if I got anything wrong.

JakubJakub

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Hi, not sure if it's the right place, but I have a problem with video. The video and the "second" screen with tabs aren't synced, so for example when video ends the "tab video" stops right before any notes are played. Has anyone ever experienced situation like this? The second video works only when I explicitly select it to play itself alone

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Hi, not sure if it's the right place, but I have a problem with video. The video and the "second" screen with tabs aren't synced, so for example when video ends the "tab video" stops right before any notes are played. Has anyone ever experienced situation like this? The second video works only when I explicitly select it to play itself alone
    Yeah we are aware of issues with some of our lessons. We're working at resyncing the ASAP

Reactions: JakubJakub

TickledCat

Hot Topic Tourer
    Jun 15, 2023
    Yeah we are aware of issues with some of our lessons. We're working at resyncing the ASAP
    Hey do you guys know when anymore synyster gates guitars are coming back I looked some up and I don’t really trust those I would like to buy it on this website I’m 13 trying to save up but can’t seem to find a cheap one. If you see this please reply thank you

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Hey do you guys know when anymore synyster gates guitars are coming back I looked some up and I don’t really trust those I would like to buy it on this website I’m 13 trying to save up but can’t seem to find a cheap one. If you see this please reply thank you
    Hey there! So, the short answer is yes, guitars will be back on the shop. We will have proper informations shared when we have them. Which model exactly are you looking for?

Synner Endless Summer Collection

TickledCat

Hot Topic Tourer
    Jun 15, 2023
    Hey there! So, the short answer is yes, guitars will be back on the shop. We will have proper informations shared when we have them. Which model exactly are you looking for?
    The synyster gates scheter guitar I know for sure there going to be around 500-700 dollars at least if there’s any cheap ones you guys put up that will be on my list. Also do you have a specific day they will be back up?

Last edited:

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    The synyster gates scheter guitar I know for sure there going to be around 500-700 dollars at least if there’s any cheap ones you guys put up that will be on my list. Also do you have a specific day they will be back up?
    Oh okay, you may be thinking of the standard which we're not holding in stock at the moment. Don't know if they will be any time soon. I encourage you to go visit your local guitar shop!

TickledCat

Hot Topic Tourer
    Jun 15, 2023
    The standard black and white guitar? That is a cool guitar to. I was kinda going for the gold strip and black synyster gates guitar. Also I don’t think I will be able to go to a guitar store, I live in Texas and it’s pretty cold this week.

TickledCat

Hot Topic Tourer
    Jun 15, 2023
    Oh okay, you may be thinking of the standard which we're not holding in stock at the moment. Don't know if they will be any time soon. I encourage you to go visit your local guitar shop!
    I’m also pretty sick so I don’t think I will be able to go to a guitar store anytime soon. I think I will just have to wait for now until you guys put new guitars in stock. Thank you for replying