Palm Muting: easy songs to practice this technique?

Synner Endless Summer Collection

TreSavedge

Free Bird Player
Nov 25, 2019
St Louis, MO
Start at 3 min mark, get ready, and may god have mercy on your soul.

But for reals this is THE palm muting song. (It's Lars Ulrich's fav Megadeth song BTW) Put this at like 25%, 15%, 10% speed or whatever you need to, and just go incrementally 1% at a time faster until it's part of you. Even if like you have to go 1% faster a day/week/ etc. You have a life-time and there are only 100 percents total. Believe me I checked. (Unless you are Prince then you get infinity percents, because he is simultaneously one with all things and all of us)

Side Note: This probably goes without saying to most people but I'm absolutely ignorant to almost all tech and gear, I just play. But the fact there are so many free browser based programs that can morph audio speed and tonality at your will are amazing. Like Rhianna says "where have you been all my life". The 1% at a time thing for instance w/backing tracks. Totally new to me and a step up from a metronome. I really could have used that the last few decades.

ari.mac

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Legend
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    Start at 3 min mark, get ready, and may god have mercy on your soul.

But for reals this is THE palm muting song. (It's Lars Ulrich's fav Megadeth song BTW) Put this at like 25%, 15%, 10% speed or whatever you need to, and just go incrementally 1% at a time faster until it's part of you. Even if like you have to go 1% faster a day/week/ etc. You have a life-time and there are only 100 percents total. Believe me I checked. (Unless you are Prince then you get infinity percents, because he is simultaneously one with all things and all of us)

Side Note: This probably goes without saying to most people but I'm absolutely ignorant to almost all tech and gear, I just play. But the fact there are so many free browser based programs that can morph audio speed and tonality at your will are amazing. Like Rhianna says "where have you been all my life". The 1% at a time thing for instance w/backing tracks. Totally new to me and a step up from a metronome. I really could have used that the last few decades.

Thank you!!!