• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Pantera suggestions?

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    As a big Pantera fan, a few of the songs I'd recommend are Cowboys From Hell, Domination, The Art of Shredding, Cemetary Gates, Mouth For War, Fucking Hostile, 5 Min Alone, their cover of Planet Caravan, Floods, Revolution Is My Name, and Uplift. Some tunes can be a bit jarring if it's your first time listening to level of extreme. Songs like Great Southern Trendkill, Sandblasted Skin, and Slaughtered stand out as fucking HEAVY tunes that to someone new, might push them away. Pantera's one of my top 10 maybe even 5 bands of all time. When I saw your post pop up on my feed I just so happened to be listening to Uplift haha.

Reactions: Iris

Jamie London

GYNNER
    Staff member
  • Nov 11, 2019
    California
    synner.com
    Just listen to every record from Cowboys onward in full. One of the greatest bands of all time.
    Agree with this 100%
    For the most part each album just gets crazier and heavier as you move through the discography. My personal favorite album is “The Great Southern Trendkill”. Not the best to start with but I truly hope you enjoy it when you get to it.

Listening to “Cowboys” today for the first time in a long while and I’m having the best time haha Truly one of the greatest bands of all time.

Adin Shepherd

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Melbourne, Australia
    Two of my personal favs are Domination and Floods, I would recommend you their first 2 albums as a reference point
    Lots of Avenged Stuff came from Pantera (Dancing Dread Solo kinda reminds me of Dimebag)

I assume you mean Cowboys and Vulgar? They are actually not the first two albums, Metal Magic, Projects In The Jungle, I Am The Night and Power Metal all released prior to Cowboys. Although I think they have all but disowned that time period 😆

Just listen to every record from Cowboys onward in full. One of the greatest bands of all time.

This is the correct suggestion

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Dubrovnik, Croatia
    Agree with this 100%
    For the most part each album just gets crazier and heavier as you move through the discography. My personal favorite album is “The Great Southern Trendkill”. Not the best to start with but I truly hope you enjoy it when you get to it.

Listening to “Cowboys” today for the first time in a long while and I’m having the best time haha Truly one of the greatest bands of all time.
    You know Trendkill is my favorite as well, judging by my IG name hahaha. :p

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Lauren D

New Student
    Dec 6, 2020
    I'm broken, cemetery gates, revolution is my name, domination, and whatever else sounds good to you. Honestly panthers has rlly good stuff. And so does a7x, both have taught me a TON of thing in my guitar journey. Def recommend learning cemetery gates though, that song has taught me a ton. It really introduced me to pinch harmonics a while back.