• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Papa Gates Streaming

Hey Gang -
So naturally I am planning on doing some streaming here on a regular basis. I would love to hear your thoughts on some topics you would like me to cover.
I'm thinking - jazz, funk, latin/bossa, country, songwriting, acoustic, studio tricks, more blues, more theory, music biz.
Let me know your thoughts.
It can be music related or not. You know me - I'm breezy.

Cheers!
pg

Synner Endless Summer Collection

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Ooh, this is awesome!

I love all the things you mention and all those would be great! It would also be really cool, at least for me, if you could go in debt to some of your favourite Beatles tunes to go along with the songwriting. If I remember correctly you also did some of the orchestration on avenged's self titled album, would be really cool if you could go a little bit into that too 😅

As a bonus a run through of your song 'Rockstar' would be nice too 🤪

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    “Conversations from the Coop”

Story Time with PG whilst he tends to the chickens. Lol.

Seriously, I would love to hear some of the stories and experiences (personal) you have amassed over the years. I’m sure you’ve met quite a few characters, both good and bad, and have some crazy, funny, or even uplifting stories you could share with us. 😊

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Hey Gang -
    So naturally I am planning on doing some streaming here on a regular basis. I would love to hear your thoughts on some topics you would like me to cover.
    I'm thinking - jazz, funk, latin/bossa, country, songwriting, acoustic, studio tricks, more blues, more theory, music biz.
    Let me know your thoughts.
    It can be music related or not. You know me - I'm breezy.

Cheers!
    pg
    Just saw this now.

I think you should try to have guests. You've done massive session work with many different artists. Just as the aotm itd be neat to see a guest a month thatd blow us away.