• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Paradise Guitar Cover

Gabriel Corso

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Hello Everyone!
How are you doing?
I did my best on trying to cover Syn’s Paradise with my own equipment at my place.
I really like the textures and feeling of this song.
Bear in mind that I have very little knowledge about recording, so it is not thaaat great. But I think you can recognize the song at least haha.
I have been listening to this song for 2 weeks in order to try to replicate the drums and bass patterns on my midi keyboard.
So everything on this track it is made by me.
The thing that i had the most difficulty was the fuzzy sound. I do not know if Syn uses fractal to record his own songs, or used pedals.
I once read an article saying that he had a Big muff pi on his pedalboard, but i do not know if this is accurate.
I used:
– Synyster custom (2010 model)
– Fender Telecaster Standard 2013 american
– EHX Big Muff Pi, MXR Carbon Copy, Maxon OD808, MXR Phase 90.
– Scarlett Focusrite
– Logic Pro
I hope you guys Liked it! It is not a proffessional recording, but it is the best that I can do at my house. Not much time to learn new skills.
Oh! And by the way, I confess that I did try to sing it ( with and without Autotune) but I failed miserably hahahhaa.

Syn, congrats again for this tune, it is amazing. And I am sure a lot of people felt inspired as I did.

Take care guys!!
**All the rights to Synyster Gates and Saint Owen**
just a cover from a Fan!

J

Jak Angelescu

This was excellent Gabriel! I was singing along to it and everything! I think it’s so cool that you figured this out 🙂 it’s definitely different seeing you do something like this because usually when I see you post videos at something a lot softer and cleaner. Great job! I think it would be best for you to keep working on improvisation on the ending chords. You are really strong and some spots but in other spots you seemed a little unsure. but that’s my only critique! Loved it! Great tone, too!

Gabriel Corso

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Thank you very much Jak! I really appreciate it !
Yeah, I really need to get out of my comfort zone and do these kinds of stuff.
And yes, I agree with everything that you said there, Jak. I will try to improve that in the next months for sure.
I am very excited to get better on guitar. More than ever to be honest.
I hope to get some time to just study in my summer break (December – February).
I am really digging blues, I want to get better at it.
Thanks for the feedback Jak !!

Rod Azeite

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Nice job figuring that out! You got down some things that I didn’t (like the little intro and repetitive lick much further down on the fretboard and the one chord that starts on the fifth string instead of going down i think it was to the 8th fret). I’ve got the full song down so I was thinking of doing the livestream and I know you’re the most interested student in this song so what time wirks for you?

Gabriel Corso

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Thanks Guys !! @dominik and @rod
I live in Brazil, so timezone might be an issue…
But arent you from Portugal, Rod? Eu tinha esquecido que voce era de Portugal! haha
I think that you can set up a time in your tutorial topic and i can work with that. If I have any problems attending I will let you know!
And yes! I am very interested in that!!
thanks again guys! I really appreciate it!

Synner Endless Summer Collection