• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Pedal Suggestions

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Hello, I've been wanting to get another pedal and was thinking about a Compressor, Reverb, Wah-Wah or a looping one.

The DAW I'm working with has most if not all effects and it's possible to record myself double in layers, still I don't know how everything works.

I think having a Wah-Wah is good cause I can't control the pedal in my DAW and only set it statically.

The looping pedal I thought would be nice to practice playing/recording stuff real time, so it's kind of like playing with another guitarist.

Leaning towards the Compressor even though I don't fully know how to use it yet.

Almost forgot to add that I have a Distortion pedal already so this'll be my second one.

When I got my Distortion pedal last year, I realized I could connect it to other instruments and I think the Compressor will work the same.

Not sure exactly what tones I'm aiming for but generally trying to mimic the ones from all the music I like.

Maybe you guys got some thoughts/suggestions and some insight/reasoning behind them you'd like to share?

Thanks, have a great day!