• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Pedalboard Love

Noah Berends

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I’ve seen a lot of posts about guitars and showing off guitars, but not a lot about the next most important piece of tone in everyones’ collection: your pedalboard! Show off your pedalboard here, and tell us all about it and why you love it! I’ll start us off with my humble little board:
    My Pedalboard (Imgur)
    My chain goes: TC PolyTune Noir –> Digitech Drop –> Morley Little Alligator Volume –> Dunlop CryBaby –> FullTone Full-Drive 2 –> FullTone OCD –> ProCo RAT –> ModTone Analog Chorus –> TC Transition
    I picked up a lot of these pedals used, especially in the earlier days in high school when money was more scarce, but I love all the pedals I have on here. The Drop is one of the better purchases I’ve ever made, especially with a Floyd-equipped guitar. I love being able to go from drop D to drop A just by turning a knob, and it sounds great. The Morley Little Alligator is alright, but honestly is probably going to be the first pedal I replace. It’s not a linear volume, it’s got a curve so it’s precise near the ends and then in the middle it’s really sensitive. I’d rather have a linear volume instead, personal preference. Of course I can’t have a pedalboard without a wah. I used to run the Full-Drive 2 into the OCD to produce distortion (Such as on my earliest riff video) and it sounded alright, but it had a ton of frequency overlap and basically, it had this one niche pocket of settings where it would sound neat but if I altered anything it would start to sound like a really intense fuzz pedal. So recently I went and picked up the ProCo RAT, and I absolutely love this pedal. It covers so much range, and I currently have the FullDrive 2 set up like a Tube Screamer to provide a lead boost for the RAT. The Modtone chorus is one I picked up on Musician’s Friend stupid deal of the day, just because I needed a chorus at the time, and it’s worked for all my chorus needs ever since so I’ve never had a reason to replace. And the TC Transition is a great delay, I picked it up used, and it’s essentially an older iteration of TC’s Flashback models. I wanna get a reverb soon, but for now I run reverb on my Orange CR35LDX amp, which works for now, although it’s pretty generic and not very variable.
    So let’s see everyone’s beautiful boards!

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    My pedalboard is
    Tuner-GLX wah-GLX acoustic simulator-TC Electronic viscous vibe-GLX equalizer-TC electronic mojo mojo overdrive- Xvive fuzz-GLX heavy metal distortion-MLX phase 90-Ibanez airplane flanger- xvive tremolo-GLX digital delay- TC electronic Hall Of fame reverb-TC electronic spark booster-Tc electronic ditto looper
    I uploaded a picture of it in another forum post on pedalboards.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I picked up a Drop pedal at Christmas time, and I have to agree – it’s a great pedal. They’re getting REALLY close to lag-free, and it’s awesome. It’s the only ACTUAL pedal I have
    The RAT is an awesome distortion. It’s got this, like, notch filter sort of thing in it, that makes an almost artificially “round” sound, and I love it. It’s got classic elements (Randy Rhoads used one!) but still sounds fresh.
    I’ve always been a digital multi-unit kind of guy. Back in the 90’s, when everyone was using pedals, I had a Roland GP-16 unit, which slayed. I’ve finally moved into the modern era now, and I use my AxeFX2XL+ with the MFC-101Mk3 and an expression pedal. The pedal is almost always a wah – I have it set to auto-on when it’s out of the -0- position, and auto off when it gets back there. The tone comes from the 5150 Red 100, and I use minimal effects on the dirty channel – a gate, some reverb, and some EQ and stuff. Some very light analog-y delays occasionally, and a Leslie emu for some cleans. I’m not especially picky about WHAT I use, as long as I can have some time to tweak it and find a feel I like.
    I love that I can go from the 5150 to a Vox AC-20 or any of dozens of other amps, cabs, and effects. I’ll be posting a riff video or something soon.

Synner Endless Summer Collection