• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Pedals!

VizualSwami

Campfire Attention Holder
Sep 28, 2020
Vermont
Hi guys!
I've been considering making a custom pedal board and I was wondering if anyone on here has done that before and has any tips or advice?
I was looking into getting a whammy pedal but they are pretty expensive and idk if I could afford one. Do you guys think they are worth it?

Anyways other than those two things what are everyone's favorite pedals? I'm looking to try out some new sounds. I currently only have a distortion, chorus, and octave pedal.

Let me know what you think!
Thanks
~ viz

Reactions: Alicia Willis

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
As far as pedals I definitely have always on its probably Tc electronic Hall of fame reverb and GLC digital delay.

As far as my favourite pedals go it's probably my vertex steel string, mad professor twimble and tc electronic mojo mojo overdrive.

I do have a pedal board with all the pedals I use in it but the board itself isn't exactly custom. I also have no experience with a whammy so can't help you there unfortunately 😅

Reactions: VizualSwami

Cooper Brady

Free Bird Player
  • Nov 2, 2020
    Augusta, Georgia
    I have two pedals i will never let go of: My Dunlop John Petrucci Wah, and my TC Electronic Flashback 2 Delay. I cannot compliment these pedals enough. They are, in my humble opinion, the two best of their kind. Funny thing is, I'm saving up a considerable amount of money to buy a ton pedals when the SGS comes out. Speaking of, any update on the new amp?

Hi guys!
    I've been considering making a custom pedal board and I was wondering if anyone on here has done that before and has any tips or advice?
    I was looking into getting a whammy pedal but they are pretty expensive and idk if I could afford one. Do you guys think they are worth it?

Anyways other than those two things what are everyone's favorite pedals? I'm looking to try out some new sounds. I currently only have a distortion, chorus, and octave pedal.

Let me know what you think!
    Thanks
    ~ viz
    Depends on what kind of music you play. You might want to add a (Tube-Screamer) pedal. That add more gain, sounds more agressive. I have the (tube-screamer mini) because its smaller. And for the whammy, it worth it in my case. But again, depends on what you do with your guitar lol.

For the effects, I have a Boss MS-3. It's a multi-effect switcher. Cost a lot of money but I'm very happy to have it. With that, you can have a lot of effect like (reverb, delay, chorus, flanger, rotary, and many more) all in one unit. Very cool for live performance.

Reactions: Nocturne

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    I purchased the board 2 or 3 years ago. I got a good deal. Make sure you get good.cables that won't tangle up. My effects mixer cost me 500 or so dollars but came with the whole board package. I just had to buy the board itself. Was a great promotion.

tamagotchigraveyard

Campfire Attention Holder
    Oct 26, 2020
    Charlotte, NC
    Made a pedalboard that turned out a bit heavy for my taste so I use it as like a display platform for my fav wah pedals, I recommend just diving into it and learn from any mistakes.

my personal favorite pedals:

I got a boss ms3 recently so Im going to take one of them off and then add a wah (Probably my crybaby from hell. although my favorite wah is the weeping demon, its just a bit large for pedalboard)
    Also a RAT and ts9 (or ts7) are must haves!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I have two pedals i will never let go of: My Dunlop John Petrucci Wah, and my TC Electronic Flashback 2 Delay. I cannot compliment these pedals enough. They are, in my humble opinion, the two best of their kind. Funny thing is, I'm saving up a considerable amount of money to buy a ton pedals when the SGS comes out. Speaking of, any update on the new amp?
    No updates on the new amp. At contest time, Syn had hinted at promo pics by year's end, and that has not materialized, so presumably the tentative ship date in February or so has slipped as well.

Gives me time to get a few more pedals to pump through it. I haven't had pedals since I moved to my first rack unit in 1991 or 1992, so it should be interesting.