• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Pentatonic Minor – Bm – Lesson 35

tegas

Garage band Groupie
  • Jan 17, 2021
    Can someone refresh my memory? Isn't the C shape the first position? Or 3rd in minor?
    I guess the first position of any chord is the open chord, which is obviously the D shape for the D chord, so the second position is C shape (based on the CAGED order).
    Let's take another example. The first position of the G chord is the G shape (the open chord), so the second position is the E shape.

Therefore, the first or any position is not always the same. It depends on the chord itself.
    I may be wrong tho.

Reactions: Lindsey

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    I guess the first position of any chord is the open chord, which is obviously the D shape for the D chord, so the second position is C shape (based on the CAGED order).
    Let's take another example. The first position of the G chord is the G shape (the open chord), so the second position is the E shape.

Therefore, the first or any position is not always the same. It depends on the chord itself.
    I may be wrong tho.
    That would make sense