• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Pick Choice?

Xzavier471

Music Theory Bragger
May 24, 2020
Hey everyone! I was looking at all the picks I have and noticed that I actually only use one and favor it over the rest.This made me wonder what picks you guys prefer to use since there are a lot out there to choose from. I use a Big Stubby 3.0 and I find that anything else just feels foreign to me.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    Lately I've been really enjoying the Dunlop Tortex Jazz III's. I read a while ago that Syn swapped back to .73mm picks and I decided to order some 2 or so weeks ago along with a .88mm pack. These feel great to play with. I can't quite downpick as well with the .73 as the .88 but damn has it made some parts easier for me to play compared to the ultra grip jazz iii's I was using before.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I used 1.14 for the longest time and I always wanted to get a thicker pick because I thought it would be easier to play but I realised that I'm most comfortable with the 0.73. It just feels most natural to me.

The Big Man is on these, too. I think he uses the Tortex 73s, the yellow ones.

Kim

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    my fav pic is the one zacky uses, he threw one into the crowd at a concert here in the netherlands. this lady got it and i met her by chance told her my story, next day she surprised me with the pick of density. i put it in my bible and took it out one time to use it and maybe i lost it now . :( i prefer not the thick ones. i think it's 0.78mm maybe dunlop
    So cool that you got his pick!! I always want one, but never lucky enough. Was it in Ziggo Dome?I was there too, it was amazing!