• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Picks again........Those little plastic, nylon, metal tools.

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
Rockstar Student
Nov 11, 2019
Spain
Whaddup Synners!

So I have been playing around with different picks ever since the Rona stopped the world.

And I settled on the Dunlop flow picks since then. But I always struggled with finding my pick of destiny!
And for a while I thought I found it, a 4.20 mm Behemoth of a pick.

Whilst that pick was great for leads, it really was not good for strumming, and the price of those picks for a struggling musician was also a con.

Thus, I convinced myself to go with a more traditional 2 mm pick from the same line of Dunlop flows. And I tried it for a year. Did not work.

So now, having recently played some funk for fun, I noticed that thinner picks, 0.73 to 1mm usually really help me strum and let loose for the funk.

Finding that situation I decided, that I have not a one pick first all for me currently at this step of my journey. Thus, I chose to get em all, thankfully there are only 11 non-signature flow picks, feeling kinda like a pokemon master over here.

But why all, you might ask?

Because I want to use the pick without having to worry about a replacement. Thus as a future investment, I got 6 of each, and as I love heavier picks I got 12 of them XD

That’s all.
20230410_111559.jpg
20230410_110510.jpg

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Dang so many! I haven't tried thicker than 2mm, I do like them but overall prefer .73. I have a hard time getting good pick slide sound from the smooth side of the 2mm ( with the alligator face ), it has different texture. Sometimes feels like hitting the strings too hard with the denser picks, although I would probably like the around .80 something mm. Had one but lost it

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
    Rockstar Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    Dang so many! I haven't tried thicker than 2mm, I do like them but overall prefer .73. I have a hard time getting good pick slide sound from the smooth side of the 2mm ( with the alligator face ), it has different texture. Sometimes feels like hitting the strings too hard with the denser picks, although I would probably like the around .80 something mm. Had one but lost it
    Yeah....I feel you brother. Picks are a whole new world...and so annoying. But a necessary evil nonetheless

Reactions: William B.
    Synner Endless Summer Collection
    Synner Endless Summer Collection