• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Picks shapes and sizes

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    Yes, I'm spamming the site today. No, I'm not sorry. 😂

There are no musicstores around here so I'm looking online for guitar picks, but it's hard to find the sizes. (Length and width)
    I did find this image and figured out the picks I'm looking to get are 26mm (Dunlop jazz iii)
    Are the sizes and shapes roughly the same for all brands? And can someome confirm these shapes are in scale with each other?

210-2101083_types-of-guitar-picks-png-download-best-guitar.png

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
    Rockstar Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    Just as a warning....jazz 3 are small...like really small.(just saw the picture of Forgetabul .).. also red colour is a bit more flexible compared to black.

There are Jazz 3 XL available..more standart sized
    Screenshot_20220113-235852_Instagram.jpg

My personal favourtie type of picks....Dunlop flow .....just saying XD

I am the lord of the flow picks...

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    View attachment 2532
    My fav at the moment!
    And CJ is right, Jazz III are really small! I like the thickness but really too small for me. Have to try the XL version!
    I use those too, they’re my favourite. I’ve wanted to try jazz III for a while now. If they end up being too small I might try XL but I’d rather go smaller than larger.

• Love
    Reactions: ari.mac
    Upvote 0

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    See if any stores do a mixed pack, gives you a chance to try a bunch of different sizes and shapes.

I picked up a Dunlop mix, finally trying the Jazz III. I though I would hate them, being so small in my big monkey paws, but I haven't stopped using them since.
    I thought of doing that but every pack mainly has picks I know I won’t like. I’m lucky to have found some jazz3 picks online close to me.

Upvote 0

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    Just as a warning....jazz 3 are small...like really small.(just saw the picture of Forgetabul
    They seemed a bit smaller in the comparison picture then I imagined. But I’m going to try them. It can’t go wrong, I might lose some skin though.
    I’m wondering if I should get a sharkfin and stubby jazz pick too, now that I’m getting picks anyway

• Love
    Reactions: Christian Schulze
    Upvote 0

Noah Berends

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I've been all about the signature picks it seems lately haha. The Dunlop Andy James signature Flows have been my #1 for a good time now, and my #2 that I honestly like equally is Rabea Massaad's Flow. They're both matte (absolutely hate gloss picks) but the striking edge is polished so they flow (get it?) stupid smooth.

Reactions: Lindsey
    Upvote 0

Riff36

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Jan 2, 2022
    🇸🇬 Singapore 🇸🇬
    Yes, I'm spamming the site today. No, I'm not sorry. 😂

There are no musicstores around here so I'm looking online for guitar picks, but it's hard to find the sizes. (Length and width)
    I did find this image and figured out the picks I'm looking to get are 26mm (Dunlop jazz iii)
    Are the sizes and shapes roughly the same for all brands? And can someome confirm these shapes are in scale with each other?

View attachment 2526
    To be honest i used Andy James pick. Among all ive tried.. jazz3 and prodigy is one of those shredder type but in any case its all abt technique. If u play jazz u might need 4mm. For warmer tone. But in reality i wud say its how u angle ur pick and hold ur pick. Especially when u going for more hybrid or economic picking… pick choice do play a major part and shredding with thin pick is possible only when the technique is right. Sorry in advance if i offended any1 here. Its just my 2 cent experience with variety of picks changing over the years. ☺️🙏🏼🤘✊🐰🐇🐇🐇🐰

Reactions: Lindsey
    Upvote 0