• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Play Along Excercises

Zesty Rage

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Sep 27, 2020
    Michigan City, IN
    I think the idea of play along exercises should be discussed. I know one thing that has helped me over the years whether I'm practicing guitar licks or drum rudiments is when my mentor or even sometimes the teacher in a YouTube video takes a simple exercise that can greatly improve a number of things and slows it down to show how proper form looks and goes through the exercise with you from beginning to end. There's a couple of times where this is used in the Lessons but what I would personally love to see is a section specifically just for exercises to improve some of the main things that all guitar players want to learn (Speed Exercises, Picking Patterns, Basic Licks) etc. Its hard for me to describe what I'm talking about without actually trying to show what I'm talking about but I hope this makes sense 😅