• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Playing guitar with ear issues.

The Trash God

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Jan 2, 2021
    New Mexico
    www.instagram.com
    So recently I have been experiencing diplacusis, or double hearing. The hearing in my right ear is extremely pitched as opposed to my left ear, and it throws sounds off and makes everything sound weird and strange, especially with music, with this music sounds extremely pitched and out of tune. As you can imagine this also throws my guitar playing off as everything sounds off and out of tune, despite my guitar being perfectly in tune and everything sounding in tune to everybody else. I have been dealing with this for about a week or so and it has been driving me crazy. I was just wondering if there were any tips to help while playing, because it has been driving me up the wall this last week. Thank you for any help in advance.

Reactions: ari.mac

The Trash God

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Jan 2, 2021
    New Mexico
    www.instagram.com
    Damn, sounds rough. I didn't even know this was a thing. Unfortunately I can't help, but I hope you will find a way to work things out. Have you seen a doctor about this?
    I have been trying to schedule an appointment with the local ENT, but getting an appointment where I live can be a bit tricky, so I am trying to look elsewhere, but I'm trying to get it looked at, as it is extremely annoying and a bit disorienting.

Reactions: ari.mac
    Upvote 0

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    I have been trying to schedule an appointment with the local ENT, but getting an appointment where I live can be a bit tricky, so I am trying to look elsewhere, but I'm trying to get it looked at, as it is extremely annoying and a bit disorienting.
    Yeah I bet, I hope you'll be able to get checked out really soon and find a solution!

Reactions: The Trash God
    Upvote 0