• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Plugins

Nicholas Tooley

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Buffalo, NY
Hey guys, i dont know if this was already talked about but how many people would be interested to see a Syn plugin? If the man @Syn Gates himself answered i would be stoked, but anyone is welcome to respond. I have been getting into the plugin world lately, and i know he has the cab packs for fractal and such. However is there any chance of say, a STL plugin or Neural DSP one you guys think? They have been putting out some amazing plugins lately. My favorite right now is the Neural Tim Henson one. I just think it would be really cool to have a pack/plugin with alot of syns personal and or favorite tones, without having to buy a pretty expensive fractal. Just my thoughts

Reactions: Ed Seith

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    First, I cannot speak for him. This is my personal opinion.

Syn is a big fan of providing the tools and letting people find their own way, on their own journey. That's why he made the Cab pack available but not a full set of tones, and he doesn't really answer "how do I get your tone?" questions here. Finding out what gear he uses is easy enough - the settings can be a lot more difficult to find.

I don't think he cares if someone else dials in a Syn tone and uploads it to a free-share site, like Fractal's Axe-Change or similar for other manufacturers.

I think he WOULD care if anyone tried to SELL such patches with his name on them. I would virtually guarantee he's fielded many such offers and turned them all down. Not because money, but because of his philosophy (see first statement). But it's certainly possible he could change his mind.

Again, my opinion.

Upvote 0

Nicholas Tooley

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    Buffalo, NY
    ahh, thats understandable. Ive watched some of his interviews and talks about gear and his tone isnt really brought up much lol. I dont mean like a exact carbon copy of his tones in a plugin, more so just some amps he likes or some neat effects. Just to explore different brushes for your canvas so to speak lol. I do plan on getting a axe fx down the road though. They seem really neat and sound great from what i hear

Reactions: Ed Seith
    Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection