• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Positive grid

Grandroid828

One Stringer
Jul 28, 2020
Me and a friend bought one. Immediately sold it.
Maybe i have poor ears (dont think so, but maybe) but that is the bassiest, most disappointing amp ive played in a while. Super cool features in theory, but man the sounds were just no good, especially for metal stuff. The crunchy / cleans were great, but it just didnt do it for me as a whole. Lack of cab modeling (which MAY come to later software updates) is really holding it back imo. But i quite literally preferred a spider v mkii. Im sure most people will allow that last statement to remove any credibility i may have but 🤷🏻‍♂️ Lol.
Ymmv.

Eric Kane

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I got a Spark to mess around with. I also find it to be extremely bass heavy - I think I have the bass dialed all the way down and it's still a bit much for me. There are a ton of cool features, some of which I haven't even gotten to yet. Overall, I would still say it's a pretty good value as a small practice amp, or something to mess around with lots of different amp tones.

Grandroid828

One Stringer
    Jul 28, 2020
    I got a Spark to mess around with. I also find it to be extremely bass heavy - I think I have the bass dialed all the way down and it's still a bit much for me. There are a ton of cool features, some of which I haven't even gotten to yet. Overall, I would still say it's a pretty good value as a small practice amp, or something to mess around with lots of different amp tones.

Yeah man no doubt. I totally agree with you, value wise its still a great option. would certainly buy a boss katana mkii or even a spider v mkii over the spark, if i was in the market. but not at all a BAD amp for the money.

the youtubers of the world are just overhyping it IMHO. They make it seem as if you can sell every amp speaker and pedal you own and be just fine with the spark lol.

its ironic, my key "worry" with it was that it wouldnt have any bass at all, being a small 2x4" speaker setup. I guess they were worried about that too and dramatically overcompensated.