• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Practice without your instrument + A7X breakdowns | Jan. 29 @ 12pmCST

juiceellish

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Hey everyone!
    This weekend I'm going to go over some ways to practice music without your instrument.
    There are plenty of ways you can "practice guitar" or "practice _____" without having your instrument in your hand or however you use it. Rhythm is a big one for every instrument - drummers, this is all you do so it's as simple as drumming on yourself without sticks and a kit. Other instruments could be strumming to different subdivisions of a click, practice timekeeping with quarter beats and every polyrhythm from 4 to 10, or infinity if you're just godly. So, that would be counting 4/4, then 5/4, 6/4, 7/4, etc. For my stringed instrumentalists, you can learn the Circle of Fifths, practice Chord Formulas, Mode Formulas, Naming Chords with certain notes/intervals. All these things can be done on an airplane, underwater, in space, underground, on a ferris wheel, in the car, at work, on the phone, in the shower, while you're hiking...you get the point.

I'll also be doing a few Avenged Sevenfold song breakdowns where I will explain mostly everything from chord progressions, melodies over chords, harmonies, what makes this or that part major/minor, how the chord progression is determined, why a certain solo might sound so good, why this or that note sounds so good here or there, scales and modes for harmonies, solos, and melodies, and more! I accept song requests!

If any of this sounds interesting, please stop by jooshellis's channel on SynTV this Saturday, January 29th at 12:00pm CST to learn more!

Last edited:
    Synner Endless Summer Collection