• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Problems with hail to the king intro

14barnesc

Campfire Attention Holder
Dec 23, 2019
If I remember correctly, the intro involves playing a pull-off then picking the same note again, which is tricky and a little difficult to get sounding authentic. Best tip is play slowly to a metronome and then pick up speed by increasing the metronome tempo. I know that’s the “basic and boring” tip, but it works. I’d recommend finding YouTube videos to visualize the playing as well.

Reactions: qt_sir and k.robert
Upvote 0

iridecently

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Jun 5, 2020
    Groningen
    Slow it down to the point where you can play it (whether that be 90% or 70%) and slowly work your way up in speed. It's better to take it slow rather than try to brute force your way through and get sloppy. Also it might be helpful to focus on whatever section you struggle with most and apply the same tactic to that.

Reactions: qt_sir and k.robert
    Upvote 0

k.robert

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Nov 11, 2019
    Poland
    Hello there, this is how I play it, I hope it helps

As for the picking pattern this is the most efficient for me: Sweep motion and pull offs ... only the last 2 notes of the bar I alternate pick when I come up and then down again.

So down pick 12 - pull off to 0 - down pick 12 on B string - down pick 14 in E string - pull off to 0 ... and repeat.

1640876149199.png

The same picking pattern on the tail:

1640876292181.png

As the speed goes, after you are comfortable to play it slow and clean, just increase the bpm on the metronome and it will come eventually.

also here is Jak's lesson on it :

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection