• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

PSA "Student Conduct"

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Hey Ya'll
    I'll be brief, and I honestly hate this needs to be addressed in the first place, but here we go!

Over the past couple of years this school and community has blossomed into a beautiful family. That's something we can all be proud of !
    That being said, as with any site that has a social aspect, we will indeed seek out our wonderful family members on their social media platforms, which I personally think is amazing !

However, it has been brought to my attention by a few students, that their peers here on the SGS have reached out to them on their social media platforms only to incite hurtful comments and messages.

Obviously, we cannot monitor those things, so I just wanted to reach out to you all and encourage everyone to never resort to this kind of behavior. I think I can speak for the majority here when I say that this is NOT okay. The same goes for direct messages here on the school.

If any of you are feeling harrassed in any way on the school please reach out to me and I will do everything within my power to quell these issues.

As I said previously, I know this is not the majority of our students, and I hate that I even have to address this. But, if there are members of our family who are hurting, then light needs to be shed on the issue and it should be addressed.

Let's all be the love and encouragement that we all need ourselves !
    You guys fucking rock, so lets keep on rocking as a family ! 🖤

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    We agree 100%. What an amazing post for sure. We've experienced a little hurtful comments on our page as well. We'll have to all work together to make sure that the face of this community doesn't look like a place for bullying on social media. If there's anything we can do, let us know!
    Thank you so much for your support ! I know myself and many other students are belated to see the SGS Instagram page take off and you guys are kicking ass ! We definitely want to keep the positive image and garner more students for this amazing school and family ! 🙏🏻

beatrix

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Sep 19, 2020
    Italy
    Hey Ya'll
    I'll be brief, and I honestly hate this needs to be addressed in the first place, but here we go!

Over the past couple of years this school and community has blossomed into a beautiful family. That's something we can all be proud of !
    That being said, as with any site that has a social aspect, we will indeed seek out our wonderful family members on their social media platforms, which I personally think is amazing !

However, it has been brought to my attention by a few students, that their peers here on the SGS have reached out to them on their social media platforms only to incite hurtful comments and messages.

Obviously, we cannot monitor those things, so I just wanted to reach out to you all and encourage everyone to never resort to this kind of behavior. I think I can speak for the majority here when I say that this is NOT okay. The same goes for direct messages here on the school.

If any of you are feeling harrassed in any way on the school please reach out to me and I will do everything within my power to quell these issues.

As I said previously, I know this is not the majority of our students, and I hate that I even have to address this. But, if there are members of our family who are hurting, then light needs to be shed on the issue and it should be addressed.

Let's all be the love and encouragement that we all need ourselves !
    You guys fucking rock, so lets keep on rocking as a family ! 🖤
    i’m totally agree. the majority is stronger, and i hope that no one will never be disheartened by these hurting comments

Synner Endless Summer Collection

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    The greatest thing about the school is the community aspect that we built here. It's really a family. Hearing that some of our members are being attacked makes me sad. Why do people feel like they can bully someone? Why can't we all spread only love? Let's be supportive to each other. Everyone already has their own problems to deal with, in their personal lives. Let's not make this school be another one.
    Like @Daniel Sobota, I'm at your disposal, if anyone wants to talk or vent.

Matt Wildcat

The Fierce Deity
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    Gutting to know that there will always be that small number of people trying to ruin a wonderful thing. But the amazing thing about this family is in the title - It's a family. And this wonderful family sticks by each other, helps each other and encourages each other! Not dragging each other down. People should always be kind to one another. Thank you for addressing this, Alicia! ❤️

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Some people always want to watch the world burn. Alicia and I will be the firefighters. We will continue to strive to make everything about this school a SAFE PLACE to be open and sharing and vulnerable about your musical journey.

We have your back, and Syn and Papa have ours. If someone's behaving like a shithead, we're your toilet paper, ready to clean up.

That may not have been the best way to put it...

G

Gemma G.S.

Somehow I missed this post until just now, but I can't imagine seeking out someone's personal social media just to be an asshole to them. Like, seriously? Come on. Get a frickin' hobby, like, I dunno... playing guitar?? 🙃

I'm so glad we have an admin team who keeps their eyes and ears open for stuff like that. Hurtful comments and shit are so unnecessary.