• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Putting it All Together C G D A & E – Lesson 17

Ezequiel Romanko

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Argentina
Right now I am transcribing "So Far Away" by Avenged Sevenfold. What I got (In order) was: Em, G, D, C. pretty much that the entire song until we get to the slower part (in the video, it's where we see Jimmy's video of him and the rest of the band)
the slower part ( the arpeggio part) its the same that the solo part that comes later, but in fingerstyle you can say haha! not completely the same but i feel like its really close to the motive of the solo

Rute Rodrigues

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Portugal
    S I tried to transcribe yesterday by the beatles and in the original song you have F, E7 A7, Dm, Bb C7, F, Dm G7, Bb F in the verse, and what I got was F, E7, Dm, Bb, C, G, F. Almost there xD But in the song specially in the verse, you have those little chords that are played like 0,002 seconds and you almost dont hear them. They are just there to make some embelishments like A7 and C7 and Bb. But anyway, I got the basic things.

Reactions: idssdi
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    @phatloots Yes, thats because this one is a C chord:

-0-
    -1-
    -0-
    -2-
    -3-
    ---

And the one in the previous video was a Cadd9

-3-
    -3-
    -0-
    -2-
    -3-
    ---

They are both C chords but the second has an added major second an octave higher (In the scale of C, the second is D so there it is on the third fret of the B string). I think papa gates also described the second one as the ''rock n roll' C. Point is, both of them are C chord with just different voicing. You can get much more into it in the intermediate section about building chords. Hope it helps, let me know if it wasnt clear enough!

phatloots

Campfire Attention Holder
    Sep 12, 2020
    @phatloots Yes, thats because this one is a C chord:

-0-
    -1-
    -0-
    -2-
    -3-
    ---

And the one in the previous video was a Cadd9

-3-
    -3-
    -0-
    -2-
    -3-
    ---

They are both C chords but the second has an added major second an octave higher (In the scale of C, the second is D so there it is on the third fret of the B string). I think papa gates also described the second one as the ''rock n roll' C. Point is, both of them are C chord with just different voicing. You can get much more into it in the intermediate section about building chords. Hope it helps, let me know if it wasnt clear enough!
    awesome thanks for the info!

Reactions: Rad Synner
    Synner Endless Summer Collection