• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Quality Low Budget Acoustic Amp

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Hey y’all !
    As the title suggests I’m looking for a quality, low budget, acoustic amp. I love my Ovation, but she’s meant to be plugged in and sounds better that way IMO. We used to have a Boss Katana that had an acoustic setting which was wonderful, but we no longer have it. I just want something small I can make minor adjustments with to give her a more robust sound when needed.
    Unplugged,Baby (yes…that’s her name lol), sounds a bit too bright for my liking for most of the things I like to play.

Any recommendations?

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    What price did you have in mind, ~$200ish? Need any bells and whistles, or just something basic?
    $200 or below would be awesome. Just want something I can adjust the basics with as I wouldn’t use it a whole lot. I mostly use my electric BUT I’ve been on a big acoustic kick lately and I’d love to be able to boost the mids and bass to balance out the natural trebly sound it has. (If that makes sense lol) I just have never tried a solely acoustic amp so I’m not sure what to look for.

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Awex Came

Campfire Attention Holder
    Legend
    May 23, 2021
    $200 or below would be awesome. Just want something I can adjust the basics with as I wouldn’t use it a whole lot. I mostly use my electric BUT I’ve been on a big acoustic kick lately and I’d love to be able to boost the mids and bass to balance out the natural trebly sound it has. (If that makes sense lol) I just have never tried a solely acoustic amp so I’m not sure what to look for.
    I don't have much experience with any acoustic amps, aside from an acoustic amp from an Epiphone starter kit in middle school lol. Here's a write up from Sweetwater about acoustic amps. I would've recommended the Fishman, but it's a bit hefty in price. The only 2 around the $200 price range is the Blackstar and Fender Acoustasonic, so I'd check those out.

• Love
    Reactions: Alicia Willis
    Upvote 0

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I don't have much experience with any acoustic amps, aside from an acoustic amp from an Epiphone starter kit in middle school lol. Here's a write up from Sweetwater about acoustic amps. I would've recommended the Fishman, but it's a bit hefty in price. The only 2 around the $200 price range is the Blackstar and Fender Acoustasonic, so I'd check those out.

Thanks ! I have a Blackstar Tube Amp that I LOVE ! I didn’t realize they made acoustic amps as well. Definitely going to check that one out !

Upvote 0