• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Question about Synyster Gates schecter custom s

Mihai_17

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
Hi everyone. I recently thought to upgrade my guitar to a Synyster Gates schecter custom s , so i have a question for the one who have one or have tested one. I want to ask you about the height of the strings, in fact are the strings close to the fretboard or not really. I know for a fact that it's more comfortable to play on a guitar with lower strings and i am so curious if in that pretty big amount of money strings are not floating in the air and are not creating difficulties while playing. (For persons who own one of this guitars cand you show me a pic of the string's height??) Thanks!

Daniel Verde

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Nov 11, 2019
I have a Synyster Gates Custom S and I absolutely love it! It's the best guitar I have. As far as the height of the strings is concerned this is something that can be adjusted on this guitar. It can be adjusted by the Truss Rod as well as the Floyd Rose system. You can Youtube the key words "Truss Rod Adjustment" and "Floyd Rose Setup" to understand how to adjust the "Action"(height of the guitar strings off the fretboard). Once you understand these "Intonation" is another concept to learn that many people will overlook.

Here is a few helpful links, but still search for yourself as you may find a video that explains everything better.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Mihai_17

Nov 11, 2019
I have a Synyster Gates Custom S and I absolutely love it! It's the best guitar I have. As far as the height of the strings is concerned this is something that can be adjusted on this guitar. It can be adjusted by the Truss Rod as well as the Floyd Rose system. You can Youtube the key words "Truss Rod Adjustment" and "Floyd Rose Setup" to understand how to adjust the "Action"(height of the guitar strings off the fretboard). Once you understand these "Intonation" is another concept to learn that many people will overlook.

Here is a few helpful links, but still search for yourself as you may find a video that explains everything better.
Thank you, really thank you! (btw your name seems romanian and i am from Moldova sooooo, salut frate

carlosmqr

Campfire Attention Holder
Legend
  • Nov 17, 2019
    Portugal/Manchester UK
    www.instagram.com
    93281458_1507329139441336_8551529338036551680_n.jpg

@Lavrov Mihai I hope you can see its kinda difficult to take a picture of it xD

Daniel Verde

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Nov 11, 2019
    Thank you, really thank you! (btw your name seems romanian and i am from Moldova sooooo, salut frate

Hahaha, you know what. I know a lot of Romanian people and they always say that to me! My name is actually Portuguese for "Green." I've been told it is the same in Romanian.

Oh and I thought to add something to what I told you before. I try to do everything as efficiently as possible. So when I set up my guitar, I like to keep the strings as close to the fretboard as possible without having any "fret buzz." Look up that term as well. Furthermore I like to use the smallest gauge of strings possible. I am an electrician and I work with my hands all day. So it is key to have as little stress on my hands as possible. This is to avoid any over use. You know what I mean, I can't afford to work hard all day and then come home and shred for 3 hours every day. They'd burn out. So in summary I recommend keeping the strings tight to the fretboard(without fret buzz). And use a small gauge of strings without sacrificing tone or sustain. I recommend Ernie Ball M-Steel strings. They are great to play, and sound amazing.

These are the strings I use.

Reactions: Mihai_17

Mihai_17

Nov 11, 2019
    Hahaha, you know what. I know a lot of Romanian people and they always say that to me! My name is actually Portuguese for "Green." I've been told it is the same in Romanian.

Oh and I thought to add something to what I told you before. I try to do everything as efficiently as possible. So when I set up my guitar, I like to keep the strings as close to the fretboard as possible without having any "fret buzz." Look up that term as well. Furthermore I like to use the smallest gauge of strings possible. I am an electrician and I work with my hands all day. So it is key to have as little stress on my hands as possible. This is to avoid any over use. You know what I mean, I can't afford to work hard all day and then come home and shred for 3 hours every day. They'd burn out. So in summary I recommend keeping the strings tight to the fretboard(without fret buzz). And use a small gauge of strings without sacrificing tone or sustain. I recommend Ernie Ball M-Steel strings. They are great to play, and sound amazing.

These are the strings I use.
    Thanks man, apreciate. I am very surprised that you are not romanian lol ,but that means nothing. Thanks for the advices

Reactions: Daniel Verde
    Synner Endless Summer Collection