• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Rack Setup

Cade Zwick

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Recently purchased a rack setup. Asking for any help/tips on signal order, etc. I can’t link an image here at the moment, but i can list the equipment if i get any bites.

Rage and Love,

Cade Zwick

Attachments

• 53B9706C-7DFC-4760-BB07-F24A6BA1D660.jpeg
    53B9706C-7DFC-4760-BB07-F24A6BA1D660.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 70

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I haven’t seen a fridge like that in a long time. Some of the gear I don’t really recognize, but I’ll give you the basics.

it should all plug into the power conditioner (top) so you can power on and off with one switch. It’s also a surge protector, vital in shithole club environments with questionable wiring.

The tuner should probably go first, followed by the Hush. Then you put your amps in there. If they have effects loops, you go to the multi-effect units, then the delays followed by reverbs. Might want the BBE units after the multi effect units but you can try before and see if you like that better.

is there a big foot pedal to control it via midi and such? If not, you really kinda need one.

Reactions: Jamie London

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Okay, so that Marshall is just a pre-amp, so no effects loop. Everything I said to put in the loop goes after the Marshall. The big guy at the bottom is the power amp and that's last, with the cabinets being plugged into that.

If you were to swap the Hush and the JMP, you could wire it top to bottom and be fine.

Synner Endless Summer Collection