• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Radiant Eclipse intro

chris_is_cool

Hot Topic Tourer
Apr 18, 2020
Cologne, Germany
You mute it. In particular, it's a standard technique to play a note together with its octave. So let's say for example you want to play 5 x 7 x x x, right? You use your index finger to press the E string at the 5ths fret, but you also use it to lightly touch the A string (and maybe also the D string, doesn't really matter). So it is not a full bar (you don't want to actually fret the A string), but you are also not coming straight from above. I hope it is clear what I mean. Try to practice that, fret the E string while also muting the A string, both with just your index finger.

After you have done that, you can just use your ring finger or pinky to press the note on the D string (in this example, 7 on the D string). I hope this made sense.

Iris

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Oct 14, 2020
    Everett, Washington
    You mute it. In particular, it's a standard technique to play a note together with its octave. So let's say for example you want to play 5 x 7 x x x, right? You use your index finger to press the E string at the 5ths fret, but you also use it to lightly touch the A string (and maybe also the D string, doesn't really matter). So it is not a full bar (you don't want to actually fret the A string), but you are also not coming straight from above. I hope it is clear what I mean. Try to practice that, fret the E string while also muting the A string, both with just your index finger.

After you have done that, you can just use your ring finger or pinky to press the note on the D string (in this example, 7 on the D string). I hope this made sense.
    Ah. That makes sense. Thanks.