• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Real or Virtual?

Julian Barton

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I have been debating for the last 4 months whether it is better to buy more gear to put into my amp or if it is better to buy a virtual program on the computer to simulate effects and amps. I am just curious what you guys as guitarist think! I have seen some really good people on this site so far and I am hoping someone is knowledgeable on this topic so I can make the best decision.

Filip Tomiša

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
Croatia
www.youtube.com
Depends on what you are planing to do with them. For playing live i think it’s better to get real effects,pedals but they can be expensive but if you know someone that can make you a pedal for much cheaper that’s even better. My dad knows how to make pedals and he spends probably 1/3 of the real price. If you want to just have fun with effects at home you can check out Bias FX, it’s a virtual program that has almost every amp,effect,pedals… I think it has a demo version that you can try if you want.

Michael Cheek

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I bought an AxeFxII a few years ago and I don’t regret it one bit! You can still gig with it provided you pick up a power amp/cabinet if you still want a cab on stage haha. Best part is practicing and recording with it though, so many options at your fingertips