• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Reaper VSTs for various instruments

Andrew Milner

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    andreilucianmoraru.com
    Hello, lovely Synners.

I come to you with a question. I have just installed Reaper and I have solved the pressing issues of finding a bass VST and a VST for drums. Though since they are free, I'd welcome suggestions for reasonably priced premium ones as well.

However, I would require some more, but I don't really know where to look...or what to look for that matter.

So, can you help me out with some VSTs for the following instruments?
    - distorted guitar, both rhythm and lead
    - clean and acoustic guitar
    - piano (and if you happen to know a good harpsichord one)
    - string ensemble

I was talking to a friend and I am aware that some of these VSTs need to be used together in order to produce the desired sound (especially for distorted guitars).

I don't mind if they are not free, so long as I don't bankrupt myself with them. If some of them are free, even better.

Much obliged,
    Andrei, Wizard of Theory

Adin Shepherd

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Melbourne, Australia
    Some stuff a quick search turned up, may help you out.

Filip Tomiša

Campfire Attention Holder
    Nov 11, 2019
    Croatia
    www.youtube.com
    Free:
    - bass: ample bass p lite 2
    - acoustic guitar: ample guitar m lite, DSK Akoustik GuitarZ, DSK guitars nylon
    - distorted guitar: amplitube 4, TSE 808, Nick Crow 8505 Lead, guitar rig player
    - piano: Keyzone Classic, 4Front Piano
    - harpiscord: DSK overture (this vst has multiple instruments and one of them is a harpiscord)
    - strings: DSK overture, VSCO 2

Paid: anything for Kontakt really

Reactions: Lindsey
    Synner Endless Summer Collection