• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Recording directly on Linux

Forgetabull

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    Howdy, had anyone got much experience with this?

I have successfully installed jack, qtjackctl and rakarack, however the sound I seem to get through it is all rather dull like the treble was completely cut out.

I have been using this as my initial guide.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Using Linux for home studio work is a lesson in hating yourself. It can be done, but it will be a constant source of tweaking and repairing to keep it working. That sort of thing should be left to geeks who want to do it to see if it can be done, and not by musicians who want to actually get shit done. My $.02.

• Sad
    Reactions: Nocturne

Andrew Milner

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    andreilucianmoraru.com
    Using Linux for home studio work is a lesson in hating yourself. It can be done, but it will be a constant source of tweaking and repairing to keep it working. That sort of thing should be left to geeks who want to do it to see if it can be done, and not by musicians who want to actually get shit done. My $.02.

As someone who builds software, no words can describe how true this is for both music and programming...