• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Retuning can hurt my guitar?

Chris Calderon

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hello!
So lately I've been practicing Almost easy and Hail to the king, as you might already know those songs are in drop C#
I only own one guitar, so if I keep switching between drop D and C# to practice other songs can I end up hurting my guitar?

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Like Adin Said, No worries here. Only downside is a lot tuning and retuning again until the Strings settled.
    That's why I found the "perfect" Setup for me by now. Two guitars, one in standard, one in drop D and the the digitech drop Pedal to digitally Alter the Tuning. Maybe a good wish for Christmas? ;)

Reactions: Chris Calderon

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Thanks for responding! :'D
    Well at least I can be least worried
    But tbh I was wondering about the drop pedals, does it sound good? Does it still sound natural?
    It does and it does really well. If you drop way down it gets a little muddy but it's better than getting an additional guitar (from a MONEY point of view - one can never have to many guitars). Only thing to keep in mind is that if you don't set your amp loud enough you might still hear your original tuning from the acoustic sound of your guitar.

Synner Endless Summer Collection