• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Rhythm Combinations

Al7eX

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Apr 16, 2022
So I was sitting in class one day and struggling to think of a good rhythm combination. So I thought hey why don’t I try all of them. If one beat has 16 different variations, one measure shouldn’t be that bad right, and boy was I wrong. I calculate everything for one measure and I got 64. Now you probably are thinking, “Well okay it is a bit tough but spend some time with it and you can find something good”. Heh heh, well that is just going down to the eighth subdivision. The amount of combinations of sixteenth subdivisions for one measure is 256! Crazy right? Really says to how infinite music is.

Al7eX

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Apr 16, 2022
724D7227-1D4C-4996-9D2A-603693DF9F14.jpeg

Reactions: William B.
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Al7eX

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Apr 16, 2022
Nice! I'm trying to understand it some, I saw in one of Ed's videos he talked about note values.
Is the lightning bolt mean rest?
I still need to spend time practicing it but I keep doing different things
Yeah the lightning bolt is a quarter note rest. I had to that instead what it actually looks like because I suck at drawing it and would make the whole paper 10x more complicated.