• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Rhythm

fomori

New Student
Feb 27, 2022
After doing a few lessons, and looking a head i see an extensive and great catalogue of lead guitar things, but is there anything on rhythm? there is lessons on these super fast amazing solos..but are their lessons on what the guy in the background is doing?? i went through the barre chord info and there wasn't anything on using E or A to drone on, or accented palm mutes? maybe i just need to bide my time

Reactions: Shade and Lindsey

Sinisnuthear

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
Under purgatory
www.soundcloud.com
Check out the tab books for one. It covers all the rhythm guitar playing. I bought the city of evil one and learned the sidewinder rhythm because it’s kinda hard to hear.

Best start for rhythm is looking at the circle of fifths and practice how drums transition into fills and different music arrangements like verse to chorus.

the whole point is kind of magnetic but rhythm is about either making it sound perfect or feeling it out.

Upvote 0

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    The basics of rhythm guitar always start with the tick-tock pattern of strumming (Lesson 11). Almost everything rhythmic starts with that basic foundation. More rhythm exploration is done in the "Learning the Chords" section, as well as the entire "Building on Techniques, Chords and Scales" section, which includes more complex strumming patterns and palm muting (Lessons 18 and 19).

Beyond that, a lot of it is specific things and feel, which comes after mastery of the earlier parts.

Upvote 0