• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Riff Challenge Game! Everybody feel free to participate

Ezequiel Romanko

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Argentina
hi guys this will be the post for the challenge i told ya about yesterday :)
for those who don't know what it is, you have to challenge the person above you on the comments to play the main riff of the song YOU chose of any genre you want :) and the other person has to upload it on the riff section under the name Riff Challenge: (and the name of the song to play). so another person will respond your commentary and challenge you to play another song's main riff :) i will start so challenge me to play something :)
come on feel free to play and have fun together :) and also we may discover a new song or genre that we like and helps us to expand our repertory. good luck with your Riff Challenge :)

Reactions: Dominik Gräber
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Beyond Oblivion - Trivium (Rock on that song, Ed!!!!)

That's a 7 string in Bb... I don't have a 7, and the only thing I've got close to that low (Drop B) has a floating bridge on it. Can you pick something else for which I don't have to tear down a guitar to do it? :)

Reactions: Ezequiel Romanko

Rute Rodrigues

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Portugal
    That's a 7 string in Bb... I don't have a 7, and the only thing I've got close to that low (Drop B) has a floating bridge on it. Can you pick something else for which I don't have to tear down a guitar to do it? :)
    Oh fuck sorry forgot. Play the heart from your hate. That song is so sick!

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Jesus, that is FAST. It would take me a long time to learn that, I think. My downpicking is NOT thrash-friendly. I love that whole album though.
    That is why I jokingly suggested it. It actually has a lot galloping in it but it's insanely heavy for a E standard song. I've been working on that intro riff for months now and still don't nail it most of the time 😂

• Haha
    Reactions: Ed Seith