• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

RIFF RAGE CONTEST!

J

Jak Angelescu

Hey guys! I was chatting with a student on the phone yesterday and we both admitted the riff page has slowed down quite a bit. I admit I’ve been guilty of this as well with my new job endeavors and so many other things. BUT we should always find time to show off ANYTHING we’re working on. The riff’s page use to be FLOODED with students being proud of their work, and now that area of the site goes DAYS without any activity at all. While the comment section being disabled does suck, please don’t forget that Syn and PG DO SEE THE VIDEOS and I’m sure they miss your hard work! I know I miss posting 🙁
SO LISTEN UP!!
What it is: Starting TODAY I will be watching the riff page religiously. I will see who is the most active on both the riff page AND THE FORUMS. But it’s not about how many videos you throw up, it’s about what you’re WORKING ON. I don’t care if you post 5,000 solo covers a day. I’d rather watch someone who’s learning, growing, showing us what they learned, making mistakes, and truly trying to be proactive. At the end of May I will announce the winner! KEEP IN MIND I WILL ALSO BE CHECKING FOR YOUR ACTIVITY ON OTHER STUDENTS’ WORK!!! So if you are active on the forums, liking other videos, and posting videos, your chances of winning are increased severely.
Why I’m Doing This: Many students have told me that they have felt that ever since the riff page comments have been disabled, they feel that they keep posting up hard work without much feedback or encouragement. Therefor, they feel that even taking the time to record, upload and leave a riff is pointless. And although they can post in the forums, their video doesn’t save to their riff archive and easily gets lost.
THE PRIZE: Yes, there IS a prize! But I’m not revealing what it is because I want people to do this ultimately for them, but yet be rewarded and acknowledged for all their hard work. (hint: it’s very, VERY $ynful)
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, LET ME KNOW IN THE RESPONSES SO I CAN WATCH FOR YOUR NAME!
*Disclaimer* No one of the SGS asked me to do this. This is not affiliated with Syn, Papa, Patrick, M Shadows, Johnny, Brooks, Zacky, a monkey, your mom, your dad, or your dog. I am doing this on my own free will.
Have fun guys and looking forward to your work!
Best of love!
Jak

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
My fingers finally healed enough to play again. I just broke a string this week but my activity died down mainly due to the recording with my new tones. This weekend I’ll be doing some work and maybe hitting up a improv to start the new year.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Cut finger.. roommates trying to force me out. Back issues last week and a 6 week cold that I’m finally over. But I did say I needed my strings changed. Might as well break one to Initiate it lol
All in all I do have ideas for a new lyric. I normally dont write the lyrics first but I wanna wrote a song using the vocal melody as the base and go from there. Usually I use a guitar riff or bassline. Should be neat to see how it goes.x

Nick Kay

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I just recently joined this forum and I tried to upload a riff and it wouldn’t let me
I verified my account with Facebook and still when I try to post a riff it says my account isn’t verified
Also FYI the Google verify doesn’t work _at all_ — I hit the button, it logs me into google then re-directs me back to a SynGates.com URL and it’s just a blank page — I check my profile again and it says only Facebook is verified

This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  Nick Kay.

Nick Kay

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Hi Firsty, The riffs page does work for me…I can’t post one, but I can see everyone else’s that are posted — if you have an ad-blocker try disabling it, or just white list this entire domain (syngates.com) — if you’re not using any ad-blockers or browser add-ons that would cause something like that to happen, try a different browser. Latest Chrome on Mac OS X Mojave works for me, as does Safari.
I don’t have a Windows VM to test with unfortunately, but Chrome is pretty universal in the way that it renders pages across multiple platforms. Chances are it’s an add-on that’s causing it.

This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  Nick Kay.

J

Jak Angelescu

@firstylasty have you uploaded any Rifts at all? Because I checked out your profile page and I think that’s why your page is blank. If you have tried to upload Riffs but you can’t because of account verification problem, you can still upload it as a topic in the Forum posts and I will count it!
@NickKay I understand that this has been a problem for many new students. And unfortunately right now the problem can’t be resolved. But like I mentioned above, if you want to post it here in the forums as a forum topic I will still gladly count it!
@Sayonil I agree wholeheartedly. I am still trying to do this so that people will at least be encouraged to upload their work for future reference so they can look back on it. I wish that the comments could be enabled again but I think because of all the spam the team is trying to figure out a way to avert future disasters again

Gabriel Corso

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
This past semester has been a little hard for me to completely focus on the guitar.
College it is getting all of me :/
But I will try to be more active in the community. I know I have been absent a lot, but I will try my best.
Also, I am always reading the forum haha.
Not letting go!!

Yosi Yamin

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
youtu.be
I would definitely love to participate! I posted covers for Unholy confessions and As tears go by some time ago as forum topics since I can’t upload vidoes in the riff section, the site won’t let me verify my account for some reason.
By the way, I think the way you’re supporting the school is freaking amazing, you’re so charismatic and awesome, you’re also an unbelievably good guitarist!